MKV Manual Transmission Upgrades?

barrstev

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI pkg 2
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has put a 6 speed manual transmission in their MKV TDI. I have heard the six speeds are heavier duty, and the sixth gear has a lower ratio than the five speed.

Does anyone know what type of transmission will fit and if there are any performance parts shops/dealers/junk yards that sell them? Do the PD100's have a different bolt pattern than the larger PD engines?

I have a 2006 pkg 2 TDI w/ 5 spd manual

Any info could help. Thanks everyone!

KROUT

persona non grata
barrstev said:
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has put a 6 speed manual transmission in their MKV TDI. I have heard the six speeds are heavier duty, and the sixth gear has a lower ratio than the five speed.

Does anyone know what type of transmission will fit and if there are any performance parts shops/dealers/junk yards that sell them? Do the PD100's have a different bolt pattern than the larger PD engines?

I have a 2006 pkg 2 TDI w/ 5 spd manual

Any info could help. Thanks everyone!
The bolt patterns are the same from the alh to pd 100 to the pd150. If you go six speed you will want a drw or erf 6 speed. You will need other parts other than the tranny. you need axles, shifter bracket and possibly cables, starter clutch slave cylinder and brake line. Flywheel and clutch. Another 6-speed install.....on the road! - TDIClub Forums