toyota swap

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
Finally got some cooler weather here in Florida. Got my plan for the intercooler install. It'll be in the opening of the valance

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Frankenyota

TDI
ahu/88 4runner
Nissan quest/ mercury villager mini van fan fits toyota radiator almost perfectly and moves a lot of air. It has high and low speed too. You can pick it up at the junkyard for cheap. There's a write up on yotatech I think. It's what I'm using in my junk.

Rockwell

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (R.I.P.), 1.6TD Toyota pickup, 2011 BMW 335d, 1996 Passat TDI
I'm going to need to make a bracket like that, I don't want to drill holes in the firewall. I bent the Toyota pedal and attached it to give it a factory look in the factory position.

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
oil pressure sender wire

Can someone please tell me the correct wire color and location in the engine compartment for the oil pressure sender

my truck is a 91 toyota v6 it has a gauge in the dash

Please? ???

I'm literally minutes away from 1st start but I want the oil pressure gauge hooked up

Ranch

TDI
ALH
Which mounts are those? Sidekick?? Still compiling parts and/or sources for my swap. (94 toyo) And which way did you go with the trans adapter?
Now that I took possession of my ALH today, I can finally start putting 2 and 2 together! lol, It was hard to 'visualize' some things in posts.
Isn't that the cutest little turbocharger?? ;)
Just off-the-cuff, I'm still considering jimbotes' front mount system.. re-use the front hanger, and maybe go with a 'mid-plate' type mount..
That AC pump sure covers a lot of the side of the block!! (my yota is non ac anyway.)

Ranch

TDI
ALH
I need the wire in the toyota harness. I'm using a toyota sender
LOL, I hope that sender can 'handle' REAL oil pressure!! Mine has been 'recording' Toyota's famous single digit PSI for so many years, that I'm afraid a jolt of honest pressure may overwhelm..
.... sarcasm here^^^

But i'll bet the gauge will be pretty close to pegged!

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
I never could find the wire (yellow with green tracer) in my engine compartment harness.

so I pulled the instrument cluster and tapped the appropriate wire and now i have a working oil pressure gauge

I'm very close to first start. Will upload a video to YouTube soon

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
It's alive!

Woohoo

Trying to understand why my oil pressure gauge isn't working. Temp gauge is fine

Video coming soon

papasmurf

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 jetta tdi, 2004 passat sedan tdi, 2005 passat wagon tdi , 2005 passat sedan tdi
I have read that of the appropriate oil pressure sender/switch isn't used that you can basically burn out the gauge. Did you by chance get it working yet?

Rockwell

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (R.I.P.), 1.6TD Toyota pickup, 2011 BMW 335d, 1996 Passat TDI
If you have an oil idiot light use a pressure switch, if you have an oil pressure gauge use a pressure sender (sensor), a pressure switch will burn out a pressure gauge.

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
It was a bad ground preventing the gauge from working.

I'm working on correcting the ill fitting acme adapter now.

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
Like all acme adapters it's not properly aligned. Hope that's the right terminology.

My starter won't engage the fly wheel.

I've read stories about premature clutch failure due to this