just bought a 2015 Passat!!!

nicknack2

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SE & 06' TDI Jetta
Good Morning all,
last weekend went ahead and bought a 2015 SE TDI Passat...my VW Jetta broke down in Mexico and will be a while until I go and bring it back to the U.S. and examine... I found a good deal for a 2015 Passat for $19,995 from the dealer, 2015 TDI with 16K miles, at least I thought it was a good deal...

I used to do all maintenances on my Jetta other than clutches, cam and timing belts(Jetta has 268K miles)...is there anything I need to put special attention to on this '15 Auto transmission Passat, anything I need to watch out for?

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
Good Morning all,
last weekend went ahead and bought a 2015 SE TDI Passat...my VW Jetta broke down in Mexico and will be a while until I go and bring it back to the U.S. and examine... I found a good deal for a 2015 Passat for $19,995 from the dealer, 2015 TDI with 16K miles, at least I thought it was a good deal...

I used to do all maintenances on my Jetta other than clutches, cam and timing belts(Jetta has 268K miles)...is there anything I need to put special attention to on this '15 Auto transmission Passat, anything I need to watch out for?
Ours was a 'new' embargoed model. We've only put 1700 miles on it, but there been absolutely nothing that didn't fully function or made unusual noises. No dash squeaks, no door gasket fitment issues, no fuel door sticking, zip, nada things to try and trace or figure out.
Here's a great video on the EA288: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC0BOe_rMXE

Skimax

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 variant(retired at 330K), 2000 B5 1.8T passat retired, 2013 SE (buyback5/17) 2015 SEL, 2015 E-Golf SEL sold March 2019, 2018 Volt LT and a 2007 PRHT MX5 for fun
Got about 4200 miles on our "new" SEL purchased in May. No issues but it seems to regens more than the 13 SE we sold back to VW. Better mileage than the 13 so far. Just drove from Sault St Marie MI back here to NH on a tankful.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
try as hard as possible to only run clean fresh fuel, the HPFP in these rigs pressurize the fuel up to 40,000 PSI so even the finest particle of grit can cause the pump to explode as the stock fuel filter isn't all that great. The transmission is pretty tough, just dump and refill the fluid with a fresh filter every 40K- its just a automated manual box so don't over think the filling process, myturbodiesel dot com has a great write up- drain and fill with 4.5L (not quarts) via the filter hole and your golden. Also when below jogging speed the computer is slipping the clutch in both 1st and reverse, so keep that in mind when on steep ground and going slow. I had to have a few drinks after watching the valet guy park ours on a extremely steep Seattle street and sure enough the fluid was really dark at the 80k change.
Oh, and if your new to regeneration try not to shut down during one- if the fans roar like crazy after shutdown fire it back up for a couple minutes (regen wont restart) to let cool oil flow threw the turbo.

Last edited:

nicknack2

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SE & 06' TDI Jetta
try as hard as possible to only run clean fresh fuel, the HPFP in these rigs pressurize the fuel up to 40,000 PSI so even the finest particle of grit can cause the pump to explode as the stock fuel filter isn't all that great. The transmission is pretty tough, just dump and refill the fluid with a fresh filter every 40K- its just a automated manual box so don't over think the filling process, myturbodiesel dot com has a great write up- drain and fill with 4.5L (not quarts) via the filter hole and your golden. Also when below jogging speed the computer is slipping the clutch in both 1st and reverse, so keep that in mind when on steep ground and going slow. I had to have a few drinks after watching the valet guy park ours on a extremely steep Seattle street and sure enough the fluid was really dark at the 80k change.
Oh, and if your new to regeneration try not to shut down during one- if the fans roar like crazy after shutdown fire it back up for a couple minutes (regen wont restart) to let cool oil flow threw the turbo.
Thanks for the advise...