Belly Pan Removal question

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
It's too cold to go outside and look, but if my understanding is correct I will need a T40 torx and a T25 torx to completely remove the belly pan from my 2013 Passat TDI, right?

From what I have seen online, there are 3 of the T40's along the back of the engine, and then another 7 of the T25's with 2 on the passenger side, 2 along the front and 3 along the drivers side...all on the bottom, right?

My '02 Passat was more of a hassle with those little half turn speed fasteners and those little clips that would always fall out, not to mention having to have the short stubby screw drivers in the wheel wells.

It seems that the newer Passat is more of a straight bolt up to the bottom of the car.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Yes, this sounds right for the NMS, from what I've read.....even though I haven't had mine off yet. Still getting the provided maintenance.

VtdiW

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Mine has 3 large t40's along the back. I believe there were 4 smaller ones on each side. Tabs along the front edge of the belly pan slide on to the front of the car. Don't remember any T25's along the front.

According to the VW manuals, there are 2 different versions of the belly pan. It looks like the other one might be for non TDI's. Not 100 % sure. Version 2 doesn't cover the entire bottom of the engine.

VtdiW

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Torque specs for the 3 larger screws: 6Nm
for the smaller screws: 2Nm

stringbeanbowler

TDI
2014 Passat SE w/sunroof DSG
It's too cold to go outside and look, but if my understanding is correct I will need a T40 torx and a T25 torx to completely remove the belly pan from my 2013 Passat TDI, right?
From what I have seen online, there are 3 of the T40's along the back of the engine, and then another 7 of the T25's with 2 on the passenger side, 2 along the front and 3 along the drivers side...all on the bottom, right?
My '02 Passat was more of a hassle with those little half turn speed fasteners and those little clips that would always fall out, not to mention having to have the short stubby screw drivers in the wheel wells.
It seems that the newer Passat is more of a straight bolt up to the bottom of the car.

That seems about right. 7 screws total on my 2014. 1 in the front middle and 3 on each side with 3 large bolts at the rear. Then there are generic locking tabs at the front that needs some wiggling before you can remove. They look like nipples in a hole. Good luck