P3Cars Scan Gauge

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
This is ultra cool but the display is a deal breaker. Red 8 segment LED displays? This isn't 1983.

I can buy and mount an Android device dedicated just for using Torque that will display more information for far less money than this, and probably look nicer doing it.

collector_edi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
This is ultra cool but the display is a deal breaker. Red 8 segment LED displays? This isn't 1983.

I can buy and mount an Android device dedicated just for using Torque that will display more information for far less money than this, and probably look nicer doing it.
I know...crazy expensive.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I glossed over your post during my effort to answer Canuks concern.
You specifically addressed my post then ignored it. Whatever. Moving on, read and comprehend next time, and slow down on your posts.

Just got my reply from support. It is definitely for the NMS.
What is? What they say is coming out next month or what is advertised in the CC section of their website?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

collector_edi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
You specifically addressed my post then ignored it. Whatever. Moving on, read and comprehend next time, and slow down on your posts.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'll go against the grain of culture and exercise some patience with your insults. So in your words I “should read and comprehend”. I was in and out of this thread, doing life as we all know it to be. It's called multitasking. That could happen...couldn't it? You don't know me, we can agree on that, and I didn't deliberately ignore anything you wrote. Sorry I insulted your sensibilities. The end result here is Canuk received two confirmations. Don’t presume you know me, make assumptions and then proceed with telling me how I should go about my business. I meant no harm or disrespect rather you choose to hyper personalize it or not. Not sure what your story line is but I treat people with decorum and often seek to understand before giving directives to an adult. It's called giving someone the benefit of the doubt. It doesn’t matter if it’s in person, behind the wheel or on a forum.

Now you can sit comfortable in your chair and feel good about your veteran status knowing you have more to offer here than I. You can even feel arrogant about it should you choose. I'm good with that. I'm not good with unwarranted insults.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I'll go against the grain of culture and exercise some patience with your insults.
Glad you chose this particular time to have patience, unlike your posts on Monday at 3:59, 4:00, 4:02, 4:08, 4:20, 4:50, and 5:29. Several of those addressing issues/questions that had already been resolved/answered.

So in your words I “should read and comprehend”. I was in and out of this thread, doing life as we all know it to be. It's called multitasking. That could happen...couldn't it? You don't know me, we can agree on that, and I didn't deliberately ignore anything you wrote. Sorry I insulted your sensibilities. The end result here is Canuk received two confirmations. Don’t presume you know me, make assumptions and then proceed with telling me how I should go about my business. I meant no harm or disrespect rather you choose to hyper personalize it or not. Not sure what your story line is but I treat people with decorum and often seek to understand before giving directives to an adult. It's called giving someone the benefit of the doubt. It doesn’t matter if it’s in person, behind the wheel or on a forum.
I don't know you personally except for on here, but several people on here do know me in person, and I do nothing other than help people with their issues with this car, and answer questions based on my experience and MANY years of Diesel and TDI knowledge. There are also MANY on here that know more than me about many subjects. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, then you said you didn't read it, that was when I made my comment, with a quote from your own post where you obviously read it. I call them as I see them. I do that online and in person, and I make no apologies for that.

Now you can sit comfortable in your chair and feel good about your veteran status knowing you have more to offer here than I. You can even feel arrogant about it should you choose. I'm good with that. I'm not good with unwarranted insults.
It was not an insult, it was a statement, it is only an insult if you take it that way. I stated fact, and simply suggested you slow down and read before posting many times about a question that was already answered. Have a good day!:cool:

Last edited:

collector_edi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Was my word 4.5 hours before not good enough? Seriously.

I probably shouldn't dignify this with a response but I'll go against my better judgment this afternoon. I value the opinions of people here or anywhere on earth for that matter. The fact that this bothered you is vexing to me. I completely disagree with your assertion that I ignored your post. I may have been a little hasty trying to confirm something but certainly not disrespectful in the form of doing something incomprehensible that would trigger your sarcasm. When I wrote I glossed over your post I was trying to be polite while efficiently handling another task outside the scope of this forum. Had I known you were still stewing over something as trivial as this I would’ve chosen my words more carefully. Something tells me it wouldn’t have mattered anyway.

Glad you chose this particular time to have patience, unlike your posts on Monday at 3:39, 4:00, 4:02, 4:08, 4:20, 4:50, and 5:29. Several of those addressing issues/questions that had already been resolved/answered.
Nice! You showed me.

I don't know you personally except for on here, but several people on here do know me in person, and I do nothing other than help people with their issues with this car, and answer questions based on my experience and MANY years of Diesel and TDI knowledge. There are also MANY on here that know more than me about many subjects. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, then you said you didn't read it, that was when I made my comment, with a quote from your own post where you obviously read it. I call them as I see them. I do that online and in person, and I make no apologies for that.
I’m happy that people have gotten to know you here and in person. I’m also happy that your share your knowledge so generously. I suppose this is reason enough and should convince me to tolerate your verbal abuse just because you think you can? Because people know you and you help everyone? What was I thinking? The fact that you’re unapologetic is so awesome.

It was not an insult, it was a statement, it is only an insult if you take it that way.
Suggesting that an adult, whom you know very little of, should read and comprehend isn’t insulting in nature? Brilliant. I haven’t had a splitting hairs moment with someone like this since I was 10.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Can you guys take this to a private message instead of the public forum please?

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL

I personally like the simple LED display. There is a reason most Alarm clocks, and other digital clocks are still this way. It is clear/concise and easy to read quickly. It also is proven tech and lasts. I use my phone currently, and this will take that function over, and be integrated in to my dash. It is a little on the expensive side, but I think worth it.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Having had one of these in my car for a couple weeks I think the display is fine. I prefer analog gauges as they are more meaningful at a glance, but I'm OK with this one. I would love it if it showed two parameters at once: boost and EGT would be great. But on the common rail I'm mostly interested in how EGTs fluctuate. It's pretty interesting. I feel more comfortable with the car and its emissions system having the gauge, knowing when regens are happening, not driving the car too hard when its sending fuel downstream during warmup, and not interrupting regens. Worth it for me for that alone.