Does the new passat fall under a tax credit??

logskidder

TDI
passat
Getting ready to file taxes for 2011. This may be a dumb question, but does the new passat fall under a tax credit for an alternative motor energy efficient vehicle?? Any input on this would be great. Never know till you ask.

Rod Bearing

Veteran Member
TDI
Several
If you want a renewable energy tax credit nowadays, you'll need to start a solar cell manufacturing company, which will immediately qualify you to get billions in federal loan guarantees, then quietly shut the company down and write huge bonuses to yourself out of that federal money.

Then declare bankruptcy and viola, you're a billionaire...

tdiot

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI 350000mi, Mercedes E320 CDI, 96 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 96 Serro Scotty Cummins RV, 93 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 TD.
If you want a renewable energy tax credit nowadays, you'll need to start a solar cell manufacturing company, which will immediately qualify you to get billions in federal loan guarantees, then quietly shut the company down and write huge bonuses to yourself out of that federal money.

I take your point......but why would a bowed string instrument want all that money?:D

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport

Keep the political tripe out of the discussions. There are plenty of other sites to spew this crap. I want to talk VW not listen to this garbage.

Niner

duplicate account, banned
ROFLMAO! Adds new meaning to going green. Someone's account got green in a hurry, and someone else's face went green when they found out they'd been hoodwinked.

Papachristou

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE DSG
in all fairness, i dont blame obama even if i dont care for some of his policies. you cant scapegoat him for it. It probably went something like this......one of his aides came up to him during a meeting and asked if he wanted to loan $500m to a startup solar cell manufacturing company. it will show you care about the environment, the treehuggers will be happy, and it will reduce oil dependance by .00000000000000137%. obama probably didnt even look up from his desk, and just waved his hand... MAKE IT SO ENERGY CZAR! and that was the end of it till they went bankrupt.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Actually he was repeatedly warned against it (at least in the case of Solyndra) by his own advisers and the OMB. This is well documented, just Google "OMB Solyndra".

Papachristou

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE DSG
well, i went from not liking him to not liking him :) since we are going in debt another trillion bucks this year, $500m really isnt a big deal right? hey tom, keep that printing press running 24/7!!! the government is out of money again!