2013 injector failure

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
If you are feeling anxious about the car,but want to keep it,just buy an extended warranty for the next 7yrs. Sleep well.

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
One particular injector out of four? All injectors with a common fuel source. And we somehow tie this to poor fuel? Then why only at one cylinder? Might it not be more logical to consider that something not fuel related is causing the problem?

Fuel... Even at $4.25 per gallon my Passat costs less than ten cents per mile for fuel. Somehow the logic of burning recycled Jet-A and motor oil eludes me. Don't get me wrong here... It must work. But intentionally using a homemade brew (except in emergencies) in a brand new car somehow doesn't make much sense to me.

767wrench

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Pickup
Seriously? Do you filter it ? That is really cool :D
I used to run Jet A almost exclusively in my 7.3 powerstroke when the availability was better at another job. I have a pump set up with an engine oil filter and then the cars fuel filter handles the rest. I also experimented with running waste engine oil in my powerstroke for a while but kind of throttled back on that project when I started getting thick black oil deposits in my filter bowl and leaking injectors. The jet fuel and power service additive has since cleaned everything up after a trip to Florida and back hauling a 13k pound fifth wheel camper.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
What is recycled Jet-A? Once jet fuel is burned, it's burned. At least I thought...

Either way, as VeeDub said, keep and eye on that DPF ash loading. To be honest, your fuel mixture sounds a little rough for the newer modern engines and their emissions controls. What's good in the short term may not be good over the long haul. Ok, I'm done stating the over obvious.

Seriously though, I'm very interested in seeing what your DPF ash loading looks like over the course of time.

n1acguy

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat TDI DSG SE/Sunroof
I think he's talking about fuel that's been offloaded for weight and balance.

CopaMundial

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon 5sp (New to me Oct 2014) 03 Jetta 5sp (RIP Aug 2014)
One particular injector out of four? All injectors with a common fuel source. And we somehow tie this to poor fuel? Then why only at one cylinder?
You may want to read the thread again.
It's not one injector out of four. It's three injectors out of four that have failed so far.

767wrench

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Pickup
Planes that undergo heavy maintenance such as fuel bay inspections are de fueled but fuel is still left on board for operational checks that require running pumps. after that the tanks are completely drained resulting in waste fuel that cannot be reused in aircraft applications and the company must pay to recycle it if no one wants it. Im not worried at all about ash loading ;-)

Goodie

TDI
'04 Jetta GLS, '13 Passat SEL
10k mile update....the car has just over 30k on it now and has given me no problems what so ever. Whatever caused the three injectors to fail has come and gone with (hopefully) no ill side effects. I will however strongly consider purchasing an extended warranty just for piece of mind.
Any feedback on extended warranties...at the risk of creating an entirley new conversation?