Changing a Spare, and Conti Discovery

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
The only other time I've seen a tire develop a bump in the white wall (or black wall), was on an old 7 year old worn tire. Well, one of my new Contis, on my 2014, decided tonight was the night to develop a boil on its side. So, driving at 60, the wheel started shaking to the point I thought I had a flat.

I stopped at a local gas station, to see what was going on, and if I could change my tire, when in the dark I see the magic bump on the brand new tire. Worried me, I thought, I'm 30 miles away from home, and I don't want to lose the tire in the middle of the road, so I decided to change the tire and put the donut in, when lo and behold, I see the 8 star shaped pattern on the bolts, and I don't find an 8 star shaped key in the VW donut foam insert.

Yep, I was frustrated, and very unwilling to call VW via the magic green button (which I haven't activated), for help. So I limped my way back home on the boil-plagued Conti, fluttering like a humming bird with the shakes, driving only at 50 on a 60 mph road. That Conti looks fascinating with its bump parked in my garage. Tomorrow I'll call the Dealer to have them replace the Conti with mumps.

Question, did I overlook the KEY?

Is it hidden anywhere in my car, waiting for a smart tech to ferret out of a cubby once I bring in the car to the Dealer?

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
I found the cheapest price for the Conti at the TireRack. Thank God for good old fashioned competition