Anybody here in Saskatoon???

TurboBenz

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI GLS x 2
hey guys,
I just moved to saskatoon to attend the U of S and over the weekend I found a TDICLUB.com window card placed under my wiper. Whoever put it there went through the trouble of actually LAMINATING these cards so they won't get damaged (talk about dedication to the site haha..)

I drive an 01' Jetta TDi (black on black leather with alberta plates...)and I noticed the card when I was at the Superstore on 8th street (might have been placed there earlier but it kind of slipped out of the wiper). Just wanted to let whoever put the card there know that I already AM a memebr on the site hehe and I did see the card.

Lemme know who you are if you read this!

btw: good to see such a huge TDI population out here in sask...have a guy in my appt. building with a chipped jetta and I think I've only seen a handful of 2.0/Vr6/1.8T powered mk4s out of the like hundred or so veedubs I've seen.

Saskie

TDI
Jetta, 2003
Yo that was me!!

Just wanted to spread the good word, as this site has helped me so much, and I'm glad to see you are already a member. You were one of two cars in the parking lot that I placed a card on, you were parked at your appt building, same one as my girlfriend.
Saskatoon has lots of TDIs driving around, but I'm not sure how many out there know of this site.
I drive a 03 Platinum Jetta, you'll likely see it around. Also glad to know there are other flatlanders out there.
Any other people from Saskatoon out there??

TurboBenz

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI GLS x 2
hahahah...small world man, very small world!!
I live in the building where you spotted my car at and so does the owner of the black TDI parked two cars away from me (I had a chat with him the other day and he said its Upsolute chipped..)
I don't ahve the car with me anymore though
I don't really need a car here so it went back to calgary with my parents last weekend. No need for a car when I only live a 5min bus ride away from the university....quicker for me to take the bus when compared to driving/then finding parking etc etc.

I'll have the car here for next school year though....and it will be looking a WHOLE lot nicer by then

I'll keep an eye out for your car whenever you're at the building or something
I'll be sure to say hello!

Saskie

TDI
Jetta, 2003
Small world indeed.

Love to talk to the owner of the Up'ed car, likely I'll see him around. I'm usually over there on the weekends. Definately keep an eye out for my car and I'm always in the mood to talk TDI.

To bad about your car, but ya there isn't a big need to have it when going to the UofS, since parking is so bad.

Later!

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2005, Shadow Blue
Hello Folks

We live out of Regina at GreenHaven. It is nice to see that there are some other members here is Saskatchewan!

So far I have found these members:
1. Albator
2. Saskie
3. SKTDI
4. TurboBenz

Is there anyone else in the Saskatchewan area? We certainly see lots of TDI's on the highway!(Usually roaring past us)

Maybe sometime after the holiday season we can do a GTG?

TTYL

Saskie

TDI
Jetta, 2003
I have Vag-com and just got the Bentley for Christmas. Still reading up on how to do everything.

TurboBenz

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI GLS x 2
hey guys, nice to see more sask people even though I hate this place with a passion (cold..flat...ughh I miss calgary heh)

Saskie: Does your car have leather, no tint and have like silver trim inside? I've seen a couple Plat GLS's around in the broadway area on a frequent basis lately and have wondered if one of them is yours, there is another one with tinted rear windows+sunroof wind deflector that is always around, which one is yours?

Get ready because in the next coming months I'm going to be hitting up the streets BIG
here's a teaser of what you guys can expect. Probably won't see me around this summer because I go home to calgary once school is done but come next school year these beasts will definately be tearing up the (bombshelled) roads of saskatoon
hehehehe
Wheels: 19x8 Axis Neos (tires are on the way 225/35/19 Falken)
Suspension: FK Hightec kit (35/40mm drop). I want to go lower but smashed oil pans is not my idea of fun

Sorry forgot to take pics of the suspension but I'm sure you know what a set of shocks/springs looks like

http://members.shaw.ca/nismodrifter/axis01.jpg

And the required dollar bill shot (sorry..didn't have any $100's on me at the time
)
http://members.shaw.ca/nismodrifter/axis3.jpg[/image]
http://members.shaw.ca/nismodrifter/axis4.jpg

Saskie

TDI
Jetta, 2003
Turbo: I have the Platium Jetta with the leather, no tint, and silver trim on the inside. It can almost always be seen on the weekends in the visitors parking lot of Victoria Place. Nice rims! Can't wait to see the up graded car. This -40C windchill is a little silly, thank goodness for the TDIheater.

There are other people from SK:
Karjar,
I Forget his user name, but his name is Claus

TurboBenz

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI GLS x 2
ah ok, I've seen your car tons then
Keep an eye out for a black nissan pathfinder parked outside...thats me
Probably be parked on the street most of the time ($35/month for undeground parking is really unnecessary when my SUV will start up in this weather...I absoleutly love this thing, it started up on the first try even in today's weather haha
). I'll be driving this SUV through the winter.
I'll be sure to say a hello if I see you. Always nice to meet a fellow dieselgeek

Saskie

TDI
Jetta, 2003
I'll keep an eye out for you as well. The car started during the cold spell, but it was plugged in most of the time.

It wasn't plugged in over night and it started this morning after 3 cycles of the plugs. It didn't like me, but she started. Parking is sort of a rip off, but the 7 spots in front is a little lame.

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
So far I have found these Saskatchewan members:

1. Albator
2. Saskie
3. SKTDI
4. TurboBenz
5. Griffen_01
6. Karjar
7. Pat Dolan

Is there anyone else in the Saskatchewan area? We certainly see lots of TDI's on the highway!(Usually roaring past us)

Maybe sometime in the spring we can do a GTG?

Karjar

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
Hi all, I'm in Saskatoon here as well. don't ususally go through different forums, just usually check out the "active Topics" link, and usually only a couple of times a week. Read to learn, not very mechanically inclined, or should I say that I tend to leave it to the dealer. so far just cosmetics, new clarion HU with Sirious Satellite(great here on the prairies), Sharran antennae, smoked markers,blue led interior, Passat visors with homelink,illuminated shifter,and ecodes on the way (already have the euroswitch in and have the wiring harness for fogs), and of course recirc heater, and tinted windows all around. Car is new 04 Jetta Wagon. Had an 01 sedan upsoluted in the past. Happy winter driving!

TurboBenz

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI GLS x 2
karjar: I think I've probably seen your car around, not too many Mojave Beige TDI wagons around for sure.

And good news...I'm going back to Calgary for reading week, going to make a little vehicle switch while I am there
(leave the Pathfinder there...bring something that blows black smoke out the exhaust back instead
)
Should I worry about leaving my car parked outside? I am worried about theft/punks looking for CD's etc. Seems like there are tons of people without garages and their cars are fine but I am kind of paranoid about these things.

Anybody have issues with starting during that cold spell we had in January?

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
Our car started through the -30 before the TDIHeater was installed. The car definately starts nicer with the heater though.

As for the breakins..Just keep the things that you do not want stolen out of sight and the interior cleaned up. If they do not see something to steal then they will ussually move on to the next vehicle. IMHO.

Saskie

TDI
Jetta, 2003
Ya the car should start at -30, but you'll need at least 2 glow plug cycles. And the jetta does love pluging in with the TDIHeater. Maybe you can sneak into the parking lot when/if it gets cold, thats what I do anyways.

I haven't had a problem with break-ins. Just keep everything out of sight. Remember we aren't in Regina!!!