01 Jetta LOTS of mods $7000

nemesis500548

TDI
14 Passat
So I've got an 01 Jetta TDI I'm considering selling. I know I've got a chunk of change into this thing, but I don't know what others are willing to pay. So let's get to the good part - the mods....

Kerma 17/26 turbo
Stage 3 cam
Ported head
Head studs
Forged rods
Kerma intake manifold
Upgraded SMIC
Race 520 injectors
11mm injection pump
Full 3" exhaust
Makes 210 WHP and 365 WTQ. I have the Dyno sheet to prove it. And if driven sanely will yield 50 mpg. But expect mid 40s.

6 speed DRW transmission from European Golf
Stage 3 Endurance clutch
Peloquin limited slip diff
Upgraded 1-2 shift fork

Boost/EGT gauge

Red LED shifter

Koenig 17" wheels with W rated tires

Spyder Halo headlights with HID bulbs

Full Royal Purple oils for the last 10 years

Black cloth interior
Moon roof

426k miles on the clock and still going strong. When my TDI mechanic pulled the bottom end at 250k miles to install the forged rods he had a full set of rings and bearing ready to go in too. But when he opened it up all the rings were perfect, all the bearings were perfect, you could even still see the cross hatching on the cylinder walls.

Now here's the bad part. The vehicle was in an accident where I rear ended a pickup. Dented the hood, fenders, and grill. I replaced all the panels myself with new panels so now the car is half black half dark green.

The conversation with the insurance company was pretty funny. I called to tell them where the wrecker had taken my car and they said no problem, they would send somebody out to take pictures shortly. Oh, and by the way, the were going to total my car. I said now wait a minute you haven't even seen the damage yet! They said, Sir,... You have a 17 year old Jetta with... How many miles did you say it has? 4 hundred and what?! No sir. We will not be fixing your vehicle.

So anyway, just trying to see what I can get for it so I can get a newer one. I don't know how to post images here so just message me and I'll email some to you.

Last edited:

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
miles on the new motor and info on when mods were done? when will it need the next timing belt change?

that will help

nemesis500548

TDI
14 Passat
426k miles, original motor. All mods were done about 4 years ago when the motor had about 250k miles. Will need a new timing belt in about 10k miles.

InfoSec

Veteran Member
sold mine with 160K on it, all my mods were done at 96k a few years ago. Similar mods to yours... I think you're in the ballpark. Sold mine for 6400.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
sold mine with 160K on it, all my mods were done at 96k a few years ago. Similar mods to yours... I think you're in the ballpark. Sold mine for 6400.
DAMN! how did i miss that one?!?! i would have been on that for sure, figures i don't come on here for a month or so and it's when that gets posted.
someone got a killer deal on that ride