Windshield washer nozzles replacement

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
My windshield washer nozzles are barely squirting on my 98 Jetta. I tried cleaning them out with a needle but it didn't help. The motor sounds fine and the lines are good.

Can you tell me how to replace the nozzles??? They are wedged in those holes in the hood and I don't know how to get them out. (I don't want to break anything).

Thank you for your help.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
There’s a fine line between deliberate, and excessive force. They’ll come out.... I’ve pulled a set.

-Todd

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Under the hood push back on the edge closest to the windshield. Once you feel the clip move back push it up slightly.

I remove them all the time when I wax, I like to wax under the nozzles.

I'm confident that the problem is going to be the pump. Regardless as to whether the pump sounds fine I would bet that it's the culprit.

They're not expensive if it does need to be replaced.

Steve

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Thank you Steve & others responding to my post. I'll start with the nozzles and if that doesn't solve it then change the pump. Does anybody know the part# for the pump and how to replace it?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
under the hood, they have a 2 sided clip like retention thing going on , just squeeze the clips in and they pop right out. Disconnect the line going to them and try the sprayer, it should have a nice fast flow to it. Check in the reservoir. i have seen many times, something in the tank that clogs the intake of the pump, like a small leaf or a bit of foil from a bottle container of fluid. take the tank out and wash it out upsidedown!

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Actually I was mistaken, you push in on the edge furthest from the windscreen, and then slightly upward. That will release the nozzle from the opening. The tab to push on is right behind the nozzle hose attachment so be careful not to break that off.

If for some reason you have a hood from a car before 97 you will have different nozzles, they changed them in 97.

Steve