2003 Jetta TDI GLS w/ cold weather package (Long Island, NY)

gbulloides

TDI
2003 Jetta
SOLD - 2003 Jetta TDI GLS w/ cold weather package (Long Island, NY)

I’m an 11-year member of the TDI forums and the original car owner. The car has a completely clean New York title. 174,300 miles. All scheduled service performed at the proper intervals. No smokers have ever been in the vehicle. All recalled items were repaired. I’m selling the car because I’m upgrading to a newer vehicle.

The car gets about 37 mpg on roughly 65/35% city/highway driving. I replaced the starter in September 2018 (no more clutch-dust grinding sound!). New front and rear brake rotors (Fremax High Carbon) and ceramic pads (iDParts) in September 2018. Both front wheel bearings replaced within the last two years. Alternator replaced in 2012.

The car is dark blue with a gray fabric interior and comes with:
- 5-speed manual transmission.
- Power steering, door locks, windows, sun/moon roof, ABS brakes.
- Cold weather package includes heated front seats, side-view mirror defrosters, and heated windshield wiper nozzles.
- Aftermarket stereo receiver (JVC Arsenal KD-AR959BS; AM/FM, one USB port, one auxiliary port, CD player, Bluetooth connectivity), with original GLS trim Monsoon speakers/amplifier.
- Thule 12 mm CB 12 snow chains (never used).

Known defects/problems:
- Some paint scratches and bumper scuffs, but the body is generally in good condition with no rust.
- Two small (1/4-1/3 inch) cracks in the windshield, neither in the driver’s field of view.
- Notable fabric wear (through the cloth) on driver’s side seat bolster from getting in/out of the car.
- Driver-side front floor mat completely worn through in two places - needs to be replaced.
- Rear passenger-side door lock only works manually.
- Downpipe exhaust leak about half-way between the catalytic converter and the muffler – an old weld from a previous repair has apparently corroded. The car has passed the NY state vehicle inspection for the last two years despite the exhaust leak.

Here's a link to the Craigslist ad with photos: longisland.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-vw-jetta-tdi-gls-with/6712834011.html.

Asking $2,750 or best offer (cash only).

Last edited: