Vancouver Island TDI members

sheffboyrd

TDI
2015 Passat Highline
Are there any TDI Club members on Vancouver Island? Love to hear from you. I just purchased my first TDI and I guess I went whole hog...... a 2015 Passat Highline.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
I'm not from VI, but drove through your "big city" a while ago. WELCOME to the VW family

sheffboyrd

TDI
2015 Passat Highline
Thanks, TDI Smile. Actually, this is our third VW. When we first got together, my wife owned an early 80s Rabbit diesel which ran great (not sure what diesel model that was). Then we bought a new '92 Passat regulat 4 cyl. which we loved until we got so pissed off by the increasing problems and the poor service from our VW dealer that we bought a new Toyota Matrix in '03. The Matrix has been an incredible car. Not one problem in 300,000 km. However, when I saw the new Passat I was hooked. Looked at the new Golf wagon first...beautiful car... but liked the roominess of the Passat. So, enjoying it immensely, and keeping the fingers crossed. Cheers.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
I love BIG cars, because most the time I drive alone. The Passat is a great car.
Right now, I keep my eyes open for a Rabbit Gasser. Had one. Used as a Pick-up in one of my businesses. Made it to 461,000 km and sold it here in Vancouver for 100 Bucks to a kid in our company. Right now, I will try to drive our ALH for many more years. It's doing a good job without any problems. After the Warranty was over, a friend of mine recommended a GURU Shop here under the OAK Bridge. Great Service. Knows everything.

sheffboyrd

TDI
2015 Passat Highline
Good to know. Obviously, I am locked into the warranty period but once that is done I may start to look at recommended VW shops here on the island.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
I don't get on here much anymore but I'm a long-time member. There's a few other members in and around the Victoria area and heading up towards Duncan and Nanaimo. Never really been any gtg's that I can recall other than the local VW community but they're mostly older cars like Beetles, Mk2's and busses etc so I've never really attended.

My car is currently off the road due to an unfortunate chain of events but I'm hoping to have it back up and running by the end of summer.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
I'm originally from Vancouver Island....and I still technically live on an island. Does that count?

(The City of Richmond is on Lulu Island, but we have bridges to the mainland, so many may not realize it's an island.)

TDI smile

Veteran Member
TDI
LULU Island is a great Island and below sealevel.... just a few feet, but BELOW.....Chilliwack is about 26 - 30 feet higher and more....

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I'm just up the road in the Comox Valley. Love livin' on the Big Island. :D

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
tdi owner vancouver island

Are there any TDI Club members on Vancouver Island? Love to hear from you. I just purchased my first TDI and I guess I went whole hog...... a 2015 Passat Highline.
just purchased a 2013 candy white beetle for my wifes 60BD ( don't tell her that tho lol ) the Highline model but unlike the US models it doesn't have the 3 gauges that sit on top of the dash. Does have sunroof nav upgraded as well as the fender soundsystem which unfortunately we have to wait till monday to hear it. The amplifier was damaged unknown to us when we bought itThe dealer is getting it replaced with a marine version so we won't have any issues with water in the future. I have read some great reviews about this so am anxious to hear it it. Looking forward to hearing other members who have this system. Also what oil do you use ? i know synthetic but any brand better than others . Thanks looking forward to riding in our new wheels. Oh also put on the Cinturo P7 17 wheels and new rims looks good.

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
forgot to mention we are in Nanaimo . Would love to get together for coffee and or a drive up or down the Island with other beetle tdi members. okay Golfs and Passats as well lol

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
hey moderator is this thread still active ? I notice ( duh ) the entries above mine are from 2015. Makes me wonder if there "is there anybody out there "?-to quote a line from the rock band Pink Floyd

MK4 WAGN

TDI
05 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI Manual 160K km, 03 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI Manual 162K KM, MK4 Jetta TDI Manual 380K KM, MK5 Jetta TDI DSG 480K km, ( MK2 GTI 8v Tornado Red *sold but not forgotten)
Here!:)
I'm from Nanaimo.

Last edited:

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
nice to hear from you ! wow based on your cars you must be the reason Harbourview is in business of servicing Volkswagens lol. Glad there are at least 2 of us and hopefully more based on the above chats although as I said they are 5 years old, so maybe they aren't around ?

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Love The Island. Hope to be able to meet some of you guys when I'm in your area. I live in PG now.

balticblue

TDI
2013 beetle tdi highline
nice to hear from you TDIMeister ! we have a son and family in P.G. But he drives the vehicle of choice in P.G. a truck lol I forgive him . not a lot of travelling right now, but hopefully next year things will be more "NORMAL " Take care and by the way what are you driving ?

Dwayne G

TDI
2005 Passat Sedan
Hey fellow islanders, I live in the Ladysmith area.

Are there any Island members who have a VCDS or know a mechanic that has one?

Dwayne G

TDI
2005 Passat Sedan
Good morning Ed and thanks for the response. At the moment it doesn't seem as though I will be needed to do any deep diagnostic digging on my Passat. I came across a known good TCM over the weekend and it seems to have corrected the drivability issues we were having, at least for now.

Do you know if there is any kind of TDI/VW group or organization specific to the island. It would be great to connect with more locals, swap knowledge, parts and stories.

loewenwolf

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon - Manual Trans
Good morning Ed and thanks for the response. At the moment it doesn't seem as though I will be needed to do any deep diagnostic digging on my Passat. I came across a known good TCM over the weekend and it seems to have corrected the drivability issues we were having, at least for now.

Do you know if there is any kind of TDI/VW group or organization specific to the island. It would be great to connect with more locals, swap knowledge, parts and stories.
Hey I'm in Victoria!

Love this website as much as anything on the internet. Dwayne, I have found a nice resource in Vancouver Island VW Buy, Sell and Swap on FB. Some people there have been great on advice, work and knowhow!

Take it easy everybody!

Dwayne G

TDI
2005 Passat Sedan
Hey I'm in Victoria!

Love this website as much as anything on the internet. Dwayne, I have found a nice resource in Vancouver Island VW Buy, Sell and Swap on FB. Some people there have been great on advice, work and knowhow!

Take it easy everybody!
Good day Loewenwolf! I don't know why, but I just got notification of your post this morning. Thanks for the suggestion for the FB group, I've reached out to them to join the group.

Take care and have a great day!