Door Open Signal - Cannot resolve issue

kbaisley

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
OK,

2006 MK5 TDI. Driver's door shows open intermittently in VCDS->CCM46-Group 1. I have a brand new door harness and a brand new oem door latch. I swapped the latch with another known good unit and same issue. No errors in VCDS. Dont know where to go next, leaning to try swapping the CCM with a a spare.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

kbaisley

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
Update:

I was in the car yesterday, with the door panel removed. The open door light came on the dash whilst I was driving. I performed some "percussive maintenance" on door module (part of the window motor) The light went off. Over the course of the next hour, I was able to duplicate this behaviour several times. The connector plugging into the module is brand new (new harness). I stopped by the local rip apart self service wrecking yard and grabbed another window motor and swapped it out. So far, this seems to have solved the issue.

blatant

TDI
05.5 BRM
Thanks for the update. I have the same scenario with my driver's side door. New Harness and latch but still no open door recognition. I will have to try the percussive maintenance first to verify.

kbaisley

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
You might have luck with the percussive maintenance. If not, watch fleabay or your local boneyard. Used window motors for the MK5 can be had for $20 - $40 USD. I was pulling my hair out on this one. The door harness does go bad with the old design and the latch is another "consumable" item. Its been over 48 hours and the car alarm hasnt triggered, dash light works properly and the remote works as design.

blatant

TDI
05.5 BRM
Great, thank you. I have not had any alarm triggers. The only nuisance is that the dome lights do not turn on in the morning when I open the door.

kbaisley

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
Please note for the dome light, the rocker switch needs to be in the correct position. I am sure you know this, but wanted to point out in case it was over looked.