Help? Audi A3 2013 TDI - Rebuilt title - 33k miles - $12k

shinghi

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG - 2000 Jetta TDI GLS (SOLD)
Hey Folks,

Curious if you think I should go after this Audi A3 TDI 2013 with a rebuilt title. It looks like it was in a collision where the driver hit something in front of him and then was rear ended.

The seatbelt seems to have been locked up and there is minor damage on the front and rear bumper.

At $12k, is it worth it? Any experience buying a rebuilt title?

Should I negotiate down?

Thanks!

Shinghi

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
First of all make sure once it's fixed you can registrar it in your state. Each state is different. I've driven salvage titles, I even currently have one on the road. They are not for everyone. If you do your own work and like a challenge, then go for it. If you intend to buy it and haul it to your mechanic for him to sort out, then no you should let someone else buy it.

Remember there will be no warranty on this car you are on your own, and that's a deal breaker for many "gas-n-go" drivers.

You would need a new seatbelt. Or there are companies that rebuild them.

As far as price of course you negotiate it down your job is to get as good a deal as possible.

Last edited:

shinghi

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG - 2000 Jetta TDI GLS (SOLD)
Thanks.

The guy (who works at a body shop) estimated that it would take about 2k worth of work to get it back in shape. It is all cosmetic (other than the seatbelt).

I got him down to $11k.

What do you think? Hit him at $10k? Use my $500 VW giftcard to get a new seatbelt?