06 Jetta broken windshield washer line (fix)

dieselimblut

Veteran Member
I discovered my line was broke in half right where the line attaches to the hood hinge...

I looked it over and thot...this looks like a B*tch to replace...

Took off the tape holding it in place along with some wires to the plastic bit attached to the hood...

Dug around in my shop and found some 1/4" ID rubber fuel line...cut a 2" piece, shoved a punch in on both ends stretching them a bit...

Took silicone and spread it on the ribbed line, slid the fuel line over and plastic wire tied them in 2 spots both ends...

Will leave set 'til tomorrow, purchase fluid and fill...hopefully never having to have to fix...

Now it seems the flex point has moved down towards the pump approx 4"...will see how long it lasts...

Hmmmm, may need to trade in...if this keeps up...

rog

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Lots and lots of us have been down that road. What you need to do is rather than making a *short* splice of windshield washer hose, is make a full loop of it that goes over one end of the broken plastic hose, makes a full loop, then connects to the other end. Mine has been like that for quite a while now.

berks_tom

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I did a similar thing for my 2006 Jetta. I just wrapped both ends of the hose I put over the ribbed line with black electrical tape to seal it up. Has worked fine for well over a year. I can't even remember how long ago I fixed that.

dieselimblut

Veteran Member
GoFaster said:
Lots and lots of us have been down that road. What you need to do is rather than making a *short* splice of windshield washer hose, is make a full loop of it that goes over one end of the broken plastic hose, makes a full loop, then connects to the other end. Mine has been like that for quite a while now.
Good idea...will keep it mind for future reference...

jjpsuperdad

TDI
4 Jetta's 3 2000 1 2003
I discovered my line was broke in half right where the line attaches to the hood hinge...

I looked it over and thot...this looks like a B*tch to replace...

Took off the tape holding it in place along with some wires to the plastic bit attached to the hood...

Dug around in my shop and found some 1/4" ID rubber fuel line...cut a 2" piece, shoved a punch in on both ends stretching them a bit...

Took silicone and spread it on the ribbed line, slid the fuel line over and plastic wire tied them in 2 spots both ends...

Will leave set 'til tomorrow, purchase fluid and fill...hopefully never having to have to fix...

Now it seems the flex point has moved down towards the pump approx 4"...will see how long it lasts...

rog
i used medical tube might vac also sells it with their pump. fits over the old tube to tube !

aellen

TDI
jetta 06
washer repair

I had both. My supply line was snapped at the passenger hood hinge, and I was missing my # 42 or 43 fuse. Works fine now.............

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta

rog
You could buy the smokers kit and then trade it because the ash tray is dirty after you smoked in the car.............

I fixed my leak at the hood hinge a couple of years ago and it seems to be holding up fine. A really common problem with a really easy fix.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
The washer fluid squirters are electrically heated. A completely worthless option IMHO. I would just cap and stow the wires.