Flashing dash lights!!??

elitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GL Wheat Beige
Hi,
Just had a question, I was driving pretty aggressive today, trying to get around a gravel truck spewing pebbles everywhere. I ran the car close to redline in 1st and second... I wasn't looking too closely at the dash at the time, but caught a quick glimpse of the glow plug light and I think the check engine light flash on and off real quick. They never came back on, and when I got to work, I shut the car off, then turned it back on, expecting the CEL to flash a code, but all was normal, and still is.
Could this just be a warning flash that you're redlining the car???
Sure hope it wasn't anything bad. I've driven 60 miles since the incident, and everything is normal, no CEL or anything flashing.
Would like to hear anything from someone who's experienced this, or may know what is up.

Thanks!

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
The glowplug light and check engine light are known to be tripped with an 'N108' code. Basically, it is a code which tells you that your upper injection limit is reached. (it is more complicated then that, but we'll leave it to this simplicity) Could be that when you stepped on it and got it close to redline, your injector pump was working so hard that a code was almost tripped. Maybe I am just shooting wind out of my finger, but I thought I would throw that possibility out in the air. Could be something else. If possible try to hook up a vag-com and see if any codes did get thrown. I mean it is possible for a code to be stored, but no check engine light or anything.