Wtb: Alh tdi

FISHERWERKE

TDI
Looking
Hello everyone,

New to posting but have read the forum for years in the past. I am currently trying to locate a 99-03 TDI 5spd Jetta Sedan to cut down the expenses of my work commute. I have $2000 cash in hand. Have come across quite a few cars but have been to slow to nail one down. They go quick at this price point.

What's out there?

Thanks

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Hello everyone,

New to posting but have read the forum for years in the past. I am currently trying to locate a 99-03 TDI 5spd Jetta Sedan to cut down the expenses of my work commute. I have $2000 cash in hand. Have come across quite a few cars but have been to slow to nail one down. They go quick at this price point.

What's out there?

Thanks
Or they need some work like timing belt and suspension

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Louie710

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta sedan 2002 Jetta wagon
You'll probably need to double that if you want something thats been properly maintained and ready to commute on a daily basis without you having to do anything other than oil and filter changes. Usually TDIs that go for that low need some major repair that cost just as much or more than what your spending on the car already. The lower priced ones are only worth it if your able to do repairs yourself

FordTech2004

TDI
2002 Golf
Take a look at my WTB post a little further down the list on the for sale page here. Lots of decent options on here but again the $2000 price point is a tough one. For some reason the sale of these cars has slowed down a bit from a few years ago so I do think we are going to be in a buyers market here soon, which is what i'm hoping for. I think the release of the "dieselgate" cars has slowed down sales of the older models.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
The flow of them into salvage yards has slowed down where I'm at. I haven't seen one on CL in a long time either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

FISHERWERKE

TDI
Looking
Found one locally last night. Its a PD but it was too good to pass up. 2004 black on black leather with 128k on it for $2300. No rust or dents. Was from the south.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
Not all here love the PDs but we've had good luck with them. Based on your description, it sounds like you got a good deal.