No power to Fuel Shutoff Solenoid

SweitzerWorks

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5 spd
Another one for the 88 4runner ALH swap.

With the ignition on (power source for ECM) i've got no power to the FSS, pretty sure I've got everything else sorted but clearly I don't.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
-Jackson

SweitzerWorks

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5 spd
Also, I should mention that I'm communicating with the ECM via VCDS. The only fault codes I'm getting are for missing messages from ABS, airbag, and instrument cluster.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
The power to the Fuel Shut-off solenoid drops drastically right after the ignition is turned ON. In fact, if you do not start the engine the voltage will drop to zero...... proved it on my swap and confirmed it on my 2000 Jetta ... photos below from my Photo Gallery! (back in Oct, 2012 when I was trying to solve the hard start issue with the ALH in my Vanagon... grounding was the issue)

Below, at ignition turn ON...

Below, a few seconds after turning ON the ignition...

Below, a few more seconds after turning ON the ignition ....

And, below a few more seconds after turning ON the ignition...

Hope this helps....

SweitzerWorks

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5 spd
The power to the Fuel Shut-off solenoid drops drastically right after the ignition is turned ON. In fact, if you do not start the engine the voltage will drop to zero...... proved it on my swap and confirmed it on my 2000 Jetta ... photos below from my Photo Gallery! (back in Oct, 2012 when I was trying to solve the hard start issue with the ALH in my Vanagon... grounding was the issue)

Below, at ignition turn ON...

Below, a few seconds after turning ON the ignition...

Below, a few more seconds after turning ON the ignition ....

And, below a few more seconds after turning ON the ignition...

Hope this helps....
Yes! Thank you so much for this gem. Turns out I was just too slow on the multimeter!

First start right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q596yyWdLk