gauging interest; are dealers still marking up newer tdi's?

ARGH

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagen 6MT
i am interested in the sportwagon tdi, newer clean diesel models manual trans. i remember back in 2009 when the 08 models first started to appear all dealers were price-gouging. is this still true today or has their demand calmed down enough?

i took a quick internet peak at a local dealership and it had a used 2011 model with 6k miles on it for $26,500. that is more than a new card, though:confused:

edit; also is there a tax incentive on them still and does it apply to used models as well?

Last edited:

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
I suppose it depends on the area you live in, but Chris Farnham sells them well below MSRP. It's a long trip from Chicago to Philly and back, but maybe you can use his pricing as a bargaining chip.

I believe that the tax incentive was only for new vehicles and has since expired for the Jetta.

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
Here's a quote from Chris's thread. A brand new 2012 Sportwagen from Chris would cost less than the 2011 USED one you mentioned.

Order Configuration
Model Year:2012
Model:AJ559LJETTA SPORTWAGEN TDI W/SUNROOF 2.0L MANUAL
Exterior Color:B4B4CANDY WHITE
Interior Color:QR BLACK V-TEX
Options:JWCJETTA TDI SPORT & PROTECTION KIT(PORT INSTALLED
Estimated Total MSRP$28,130
3VWML7AJ1CM616104
Port Stock Estimated Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price for the model equipped as shown. Taxes, title, transportation, other options and dealer charges not included. Actual prices set by dealer. FINAL DEALER INVOICE COST AND MSRP ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME BEFORE INVOICING.

MSRP=$28130
Dealer Invoice=$26969
My price to you would be $26319 + $103 DOC fee + $10 temp tag

The 2012 Sportwagen TDI w/ the sunroof also comes std w/ the 17" alloy wheels.

The sport protection kit consists of:

Monster Mats
Trunk Liner
4 Splash Guards