.mp3 music

Demo3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Golf Sportwagen
So… I have put all my music on a sd card for my 2015 GSW. Everything if functioning fine except for one thing. The GSW adds a fade out and fade in on every song. I have verified that the music has been ripped properly using dbpower amp and I have no problem playing it from other players with no fades. I have searched through the settings and can’t find anything as far as something to do with fading. Has anyone seen a setting through VAG that might deal with this?

cephalopod

TDI
golf, 2001, silver, 5 spd
I just ran into this issue and came up with a workaround. If you add 1 second of silence to the beginning and 8 seconds to the endings and use mp3 format, the issue goes away. The ends of songs being cut off annoys me more than the fade in, but that's also annoying.

If you start with FLAC, this works:
ffmpeg -i mysong.flac -c:a libmp3lame -qscale:a 0 -af "adelay=1s:all=true,apad=pad_dur=8" myconvertedsong.mp3
If you start with AAC, the same command should work:
ffmpeg -i mysong.aac -c:a libmp3lame -qscale:a 0 -af "adelay=1s:all=true,apad=pad_dur=8" myconvertedsong.mp3

I haven't yet tried starting with MP3, the same command should work but I'll bet there's a way to add silence without reencoding.

I posted the full solution here and I'll probably add the mp3 command there: