I am up for a TB job....Turned into a mini GTG

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Got the whole kit in the trunk (from Roseland) and I am ready to tackel this my self even though I don't have the tools.
However...I would like to do it the way Wolf Pack did it:) Undersupervision.
Any gathering coming soon?
Is anybody willing to land me the TB tools? to be onest...not all of them. The only one that I really need is the camshaft locking plate (the E shaped one)
Thanks a lot.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
I am up for a TB job.

If I'm in town when you decide to do it, I'd love to help!!

I've observed 2 ALH (A4) changes (including my own...)... Sorry, but I don't own the TB change tools...

Yuri.

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
I am up for a TB job.

I'd love to help out. I know Lnxguy (Bill) has to do 2 A4s. Maybe we could do it somewhere in or near Barrie.

As for tools, what about fuel pump lock pin and the belt tensioner tool? I think those are essential.

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
I am up for a TB job.

Fuelpump lock pin....hmmm let's say drillbit:)

Yeah....forgot about the belt tensioner tool...that would have to be in the toolbox.

I was hopping to get it done this weekend (5-6 Nov) If it's not possible..i can postpone it.
Location...I don't mind driving up there if there is space for one more car.

PharoahTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I am up for a TB job.

I just did mine and I have the tools, incl. vag-com but I am not available this weekend. Let me know if you change the date and I may be able to help.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I am up for a TB job.

I have the tools. Bill (lnxguy) has already contacted me about borrowing them. If you two can't arrange a time to do the job together, maybe you can borrow them after he is done or before, depending on when he wants to do it.

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Re: I am up for a TB job.

Well, I have been looking at my schedule, and things are not so bad.

We could do this out at my place in Guelph....room for 2 in the garage(once I get the Mazda going...) Rooms for 4 more in the driveway, and its a dead end street, so parking is not an issue. I have the tools, and maybe we could roll it into a mini gtg, and fill my street up with diesel fumes.

Install a few of the skid plates which have rolled into the area also...Rudy could use a hand with his soon to be removed cast.

I have the tools, and a vag com.....

Craig B

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI

That would be great from my point of view. And I would be more than happy to give a hand to others beside my timing belt.
I would also provide some food and beer

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None

I just noticed I didn't include a date...the 5th is possible, at a 0830 start.So is the 6th..weather looks ok. I am going to a concert that evening. 12th is also possible, but a 1020 start.

I use wood as ramps....so someone bringing those would help, also I have 1 jack(2 jackstands)...which will be in use for the tb change. Depending on the amount of interest a second one of those would be helpful.

Or, I can do yardwork...either way its busy....

Craig B

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI

Craig it's your choice of date. I am up for any of them.
I will also have 2 jackstands and a prety good toolbox.
If anything else is needed let me know and I'll try to get it.

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None

Well, this saturday the weather looks ok....I am located South of Guelph just off of hwy 124 at county road 32, right across from the hwy 24 vet clinic, small dead end street named Randell. I am the last house on the right, 12.

From 401(toronto approach) take exit 295, hwy 6 north turn left(west) at first lights onto county road 34, continue west until county road 32, right turn (north) until you cross a bridge(a turn in the road) Randell is on the left side(west) just before you hit hwy 124.....here is a mapquest link, Randell is not named, but is the short street just south of hwy 124

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?sea...xZcv5W7HetEZ%2f

Now to see if anyone else is interested.

Craig

Kayakkermit

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2002, Silver

Craigs house is easy to find..... it's the one with all the oil in the driveway...

BTW, I could do Sunday, but Saturday is out

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI

Rudy could use a hand with his soon to be removed cast.
HI Craig
Had the cast removed this morning full of anticipation, but its still difficult. Haven't even tried the car yet.
I would love to join in but I don't think I'm going to be much help to anyone. I do have a set of steel ramps though, which I can bring if they fit into the trunk, Saturday or Sunday is OK for me.
Just call me HOPPY

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None

Email sent Rudy.....sorry Giles, the weather looks a little better saturday....also my wife works saturday, so I am the boss for the day.(but don't tell her....)

Craig

kostyas

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 99.5

I can come too if we get the quorum

So who's coming?

To entice more people to come, the TTT in Milton has Power Service--both gray and white-- in stock. Don't know how many-- you may want to call ahead to be sure. Also, they still have a couple of thousands of liters of B20 and last week I found out their truch tank nozzle fits perfectly in my Golf receptacle-- no need to mess up with jerry cans but you must know how much fit (it's not auto-shut-off).

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI

Damn, if the weather holds up so good I might end up changing my front ball joints too.
Craig, have you played with injectors before? I might take them out since i have discovered that one of my GP was kind of loose. BLACK GP

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None

Yup, swapped out a few sets of injectors now. What time do you plan to arrive?

The one thing I do not have here is a pickle fork for the ball joints....I keep missing them on sale at Princess auto.

Craig

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None

well, either before 10 or after....I have a saturday morning bout with the gym I usually do...willing to forgo it if you want, but it depends on when you can arrive...

TB will take 6 hours or so, perhaps less, but its a good standard to start with.

Craig

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI

I'll be there bright eyed and bushy tailed. Just kidding its in the morning. The ramps fit into the trunk perfectly.
Not an inch to spare.
What is the time for tomorrow? 9 am - 10 am?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon

Good luck you guys, I am playing with the tb/wp/rollers/tensioners this weekend as well

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI

.........DONE..........

Thanks a lot Graig and Rudy, much apreciated and allways willing to help you back.
It's been a pleasure to meet you guys.

In what concerns the TB job itself....LOOONG and pretty easy. Just time consuming.

Again thanks a lot Craig for your hands, tools, garage and knowledge.

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None

Yer velkome....

We went backwards a couple of times....typical, and I found my 1/2 to 3/8 adaptor in my glove box.

A few well placed hammer taps take care of a lot of problems....next time I will make sure we hang the mount in place before we put the belt on....and the crank lock will also be installed...

Craig B