Horn No Longer Beeps When Doors Are Locked

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
I noticed this morning when I locked the '04 Jetta using the remote that the horn did not have the short "beep" that I always heard before as the doors locked. I repeated the door locking/unlocking several times, and there is no longer the beep that accompanies the doors locking. The parking lights still flash and the locks actuate. I'm wondering if the horn circuit has failed, or wondering if something in the remote (software?) got screwed up and needs resetting. Anyone else have this happen? I suppose this weekend I'll check it out with my VAG-COM. BTW, how do I check out the lock settings with VAG-COM? Thanks,

--Nate

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
go around the car and open/close all doors and the hood and trunk before you get invasive.

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
go around the car and open/close all doors and the hood and trunk before you get invasive.
That fixed it. Thanks! Its odd, but everything was closed all the way and the "open door" light was not illuminated in the instrument cluster.

--Nate

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
That fixed it. Thanks!

Nate, my pleasure

What else are we working on? Have you sorted out the selective un-locking feature?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
That slective unlocking feature is great! I love being able to unlock all the doors with just one press of the remote!!!

vavet5308

Veteran Member
TDI
Guinevere 00 Golf GLS Silver
My 00 GOlf has done that a few times. Usually if it just sets undisturbed for about a minute, the horn will give that little beep. I've never understood it.