Chrome exhaust tips

cage

Top Post Dawg
I ordered the chrome tips that they have in the latest VW driving gear magazine. They cost $50.00 so I figured if I didn't like them I just wouldn't use them. They are COOL! They come as one piece and have nuts to tighten them around the existing exhaust pipes. They stick out about 21/2" from the back of the car and look really nice. I was impressed by the quality. They work for the Beetle and Golf. Don't know about Jetta. You gotta get 'em!

cage

Top Post Dawg
They are stainless steel. As far as I know the clamps are too because they are an integral part of the pipes. I don't know where they are made. They have the VW logo on the label but I didn't notice where they are made. I threw the box away. Probably U.S. or Mexico.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
cage, show us a pic. The website doesn't have any info on 'em.

thanks.

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
be careful with any exaust tips not facing downward, or you will end up with massive quantities of soot on your bumper. I welded a straight pipe to a forum members car with injectors and a chip, and the soot isnt that bad, but the back of the car becomes covered in just a few hundred miles. we will be modifying this very soon. I dont know if its just that I welded the tips too close and not far enough back, but the soot seems to swirl up in the turbulence behind the car. I plan on breaking the welds and removing the pipe, adding a steep bend so it angles down. hopefully this fixes the problem.

cage

Top Post Dawg
I'll keep an eye out for soot. Like I said they are only $50.00 so if I don't like them down the road I'll take them off. They look cool now though. I "FEEL" like it's faster!

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
$50.00???!!!

I THINK MINE COST AROUND $3.99 EACH.

HEY, THROW SOME MONEY MY WAY IF U GOT EXTRA TO BURN.