new 2012 jsw

tylertdi

TDI
2012 tdi sportwagen
Hello I just took delivery of my jsw. I get cold air out of the vents unless I turn the temp control to cool and then back to hot has any had this happen? Also whe driving the car deep in to the corners the car wants to push and the front end seems very heavy like there is a load of bricks on the hood. any help with suspension setup would be greatly
appreciated

Thanks
Tyler

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
Welcome and congrats on the ride.

With regards to your handling questions; that's the nature of the beast with a FWD car. FWD vehicles have a tendency to understeer and plow in corners. Making the traction wheels also serve as the steering wheels with the engine sitting right on top... well, you just can't beat physics.

You can't do too much to solve your problem unless you start changing your driving style, tires, and ultimately major suspension components. You could try learning how to trail brake and modulate throttle to get the car to rotate around an apex. You could also start with changing out your rear sway bar to something stiffer and adjustable. Finding a way to increase camber at the front would be beneficial as well. In the end, there's a lot to be said about changing suspension components and therefore modifying suspension geometry to achieve your desired goal.

JettaTDiPA

Veteran Member
TDI
Owned 2011 JSW DSG for 16mo.
Hello I just took delivery of my jsw. I get cold air out of the vents unless I turn the temp control to cool and then back to hot has any had this happen? Also whe driving the car deep in to the corners the car wants to push and the front end seems very heavy like there is a load of bricks on the hood. any help with suspension setup would be greatly
appreciated

Thanks
Tyler
Was the engine warmed or cold when this happened?

Cornering-First thing I would check is tire pressure. Without knowing degree of turn, slant of roadway, speed, brakes applied or not,type of tires, etc. -- think that could be any body's guess. If it helps, I do not have that sensation at all in mine. Too fast-- of course any car is going to dip,drop towards the outside of the turn.

richbl

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
appreciated

Thanks
Tyler
The cold air from the temp control is "normal" for my 2011 TDI. Or rather, there is no know
TSB for it (yet).
A rather quirky annoyance.
rich

tylertdi

TDI
2012 tdi sportwagen
Thanks for the climate control info. I am comming out af a well sorted 1997 bmw m3 4dr, I know the cars are compleetly different I was wondering what sort of camber/toe setting people are and tire psi

Thanks

Tyler