best fuel filter brand 2010 TDI

DRIVE2MUCH

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
just did the 10 k oil change/tire rotation, by-passed the ''free' service after calling the local dealership and having them seem unsure as how to properly service a deisel. Fairly easy, although the plastic oil pan protecter really shouldn't require 3 different size tools, a little over kill I thought.

Biffster

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI
just did the 10 k oil change/tire rotation, by-passed the ''free' service after calling the local dealership and having them seem unsure as how to properly service a deisel. Fairly easy, although the plastic oil pan protecter really shouldn't require 3 different size tools, a little over kill I thought.
Just kinda thinking out loud here, but is this really a "wise" thing to do while still within the warranty period?

It seems like a potential disaster in the making should you require warranty service. You may indeed be more competent than your local VW service department, but opting out of their scheduled service to perform your own home-garage service seems like an open door to an uphill finger-pointing battle should you find yourself requiring a costly repair that would otherwise be covered.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Definitely OEM. Who is actually Mann, not Hengst. Although Hengst does make a lot of OE filters for Vw, the CR fuel filters are Mann.

Biffster, As long as the OP can prove he did his services when required (keep all receipts and record date and mileage), then he is covered. There is a law which states that as long as the owner can prove the service was done with the proper materials, then the manufacturer can not deny a warranty claim. That would include taking your car to the lube de jiffy, or even that one place that has hot women working on your car in skimpy clothing (I can't remember the name) Ms. Good Wrench, maybe? I remember there was a legal battle about the name because it was a play on someone elses name.

Biffster

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI
Biffster, As long as the OP can prove he did his services when required (keep all receipts and record date and mileage), then he is covered. There is a law which states that as long as the owner can prove the service was done with the proper materials, then the manufacturer can not deny a warranty claim. That would include taking your car to the lube de jiffy, or even that one place that has hot women working on your car in skimpy clothing (I can't remember the name) Ms. Good Wrench, maybe? I remember there was a legal battle about the name because it was a play on someone elses name.
Ahh... that actually sounds familiar. Thanks for educating me.