Constant Stalling 2010 JSW TDi

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Again....old thread....but is there a way to cancel the "forced stall" at lower RPM condition? I'm too old to adjust my driving style to slipping the clutch so much for take off in this 2012 JSW. Sorry...this just isn't normal.!
The only way out of it is to get a tune via malone. I think there's a few other tuners that also allow the RPMs below the stock stall point.

That said, every manual car I've driven is a little different then the one right next to it. I generally rev the engine just enough that I only have the stall happen once in a blue moon.
-For Sunday driving takeoffs if the car is on a flat surface I can get the car to start going without any throttle input by letting the clutch out slowly.
-For general takeoffs I nudge the throttle a bit to get the RPMs up around 1200RPM and let the clutch out a bit quicker.
-For spirited takeoffs I adjust the throttle to hold around 1500-1700RPM and let the clutch out quickly, when I feel the clutch is completely out I give it the beans. Generally you want the tires to spin or let a bit of rubber burn then let the clutch slip.

To put it simply, let the clutch out fast enough that the rpms fall slightly while also giving a bit more throttle to try to hold RPM... I've never had good takeoff results with any of my prior cars in letting the engine fall around idle while releasing the clutch. Really lugs the engine doing that.

Technician!

Veteran Member
TDI
None, currently
How low would you want? 100 RPM? This issue is almost non-existent on this forum. Perhaps you should adjust your driving style or replace with a DSG. I guarantee you will never miss your manual.

Sorry I offended you. If I drive the 2012 like my 97 B4, I constantly stall it.
No not 100 RPM. What kind of remark is that?

I'm thinking an occasional momentary drop to 750, possibly taking a turn in a little too high of a gear and getting pushed for a bit, instead of immediately stalling. I don't consider adjusting driving style as having to slip the clutch excessively. I want more control.

Sorry I asked.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Sorry I offended you. If I drive the 2012 like my 97 B4, I constantly stall it.
No not 100 RPM. What kind of remark is that?

I'm thinking an occasional momentary drop to 750, possibly taking a turn in a little too high of a gear and getting pushed for a bit, instead of immediately stalling. I don't consider adjusting driving style as having to slip the clutch excessively. I want more control.

Sorry I asked.
Again, Malone offers a tune to address this and many other small to large issues we have with our common rail VWs.

VW has the fuel cut completely if RPMs fall below something somewhat high like 600-700RPM. They did this *reportedly* to prevent owners from lugging their engines too much.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
And if you want to drive it like your 97 B4, why not just drive your 97 B4? Do you also double plug it in when it's under 40F out?

Just saying there are things you just have to either accept it or pony up and find the solution with a tune.

Technician!

Veteran Member
TDI
None, currently
And if you want to drive it like your 97 B4, why not just drive your 97 B4? Do you also double plug it in when it's under 40F out?

Just saying there are things you just have to either accept it or pony up and find the solution with a tune.
No I don't have to plug it in, and it starts at -30F. Appreciate the tune suggestions.

But in all seriousness, other than ride quality, I prefer the 97 for drivability, fuel economy and range per tank of fuel.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It took a brief adjustment period for me as well. I stalled the car the first time I put it in first to go on a test drive! I may have stalled once in first gear since that first week or so of ownership. I don't even think about it anymore.

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
It took a brief adjustment period for me as well. I stalled the car the first time I put it in first to go on a test drive! I may have stalled once in first gear since that first week or so of ownership. I don't even think about it anymore.
Same here. Doesn't require slipping the clutch just can't let the rpm get below the fuel cut off. Just a slight nudge on the go peddle and it behaves just like the 03 golf that I replaced the 2013 golf with.