Need opinion 2006 TDI 1.9L

Motelangel7

TDI
2006 TDI
Hi All,
Recently my engine warning light came on and the dealer scanned and found a fault glow plug open circuit and also fault intake manifold intake flap implausible?? However at the time there was no loss of power no shaking and no apparent noise therefore they reset the light and I went on my way.After 3000 miles, out of the blue the car started shaking while upshifting. i returned to the dealer and the tech suggested new harness, one glow plug and the intake manifold shut off valve, and hopefully that would do the job!!! No sooner i had paid $$$$ the car was still shaking.After a road test with the senior tech's opinion was "the Flywheel need's replacement" this is why it's shaking!!
FYI: I love my TDI Jet, and with 159,000 miles the engine is still running great, no rust, no accidents, i would like to keep it!! and reality is VW will be phasing out Diesel therefore i cannot buy a new one and I am not sure that replacing the flywheel is the fix.

Any suggestions??? Thank you.....

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Where are you in the great white north?

Not out of the ordinary for the DMF to start to fail at higher km. Assuming you have a manual transmission?

Are you at 159k miles or km?

Motelangel7

TDI
2006 TDI
thx for your reply windex, I am in the GTA.
yes i have a manual transmission and close to 260,000 km.
I hope that the loss of power and the shaking is not the turbo, i have noticed more smoke when the car shakes!!!!

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
The best way do diagnose a failing DMF is to have someone with experience listen to the noise.

I use a stethoscope to listen to the bellhousing area, they make a distinctive thumping/clanking noise when they start to get bad.

Depending on the shake, you might also have a bad camshaft. Best to have someone knowledgable in these cars have a look at your car.