"THE" ALH pinout?

onlyn8v

Veteran Member
I have a break in the action so to speak as the clutch for my Ford comes and I get more money for other stuff. So I want to start to trim down the wiring harness for my ALH swap.

I currently have an 02 ALH AUTO engine and harness.

The goal is to make a harness that all I have to do it hook up power, ground, and ignition and put it in anything I want.

I do have a bently, but Im asking others that have done it. Does anyone have a really good pinout for the ALH harness?

Thanks!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Dave, check out my converion Thread. This link is to the first page http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=276798

Scroll down and take a look at the schematic I posted there! The colored connectors and 14-pin connector are the "connections" to the engine & ECU and the rest of the vehicle components.......Cluster, accelerator pedal, fuel tank, cruise, etc.

I have lots of info from many hours of research!..........all based on the Bentley and an '02 wiring harness, engine, etc.

EDIT: My apology! The schematic is on the second page of the above link! Also, I spent hours and hours sorting thru the wiring harness eliminating things I knew I would not need and labeling everything I needed as I cut it! Also, many wires go to "splices" that are buried in the wiring harness........... it can be a nightmare sorting thru all that stuff! My wife got a little upset with me having wires all over the den for months and months!

Last edited:

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Missing items

Thats a big help! Do you have stuff on the right that is missing?

Okay, here is what's missing: First sheet, right side starting at the top and going straight down the right side. The identification where the pin numbers go to is what got chopped off.

Fuel Level (G) pin 2 goes to splice 269 located on the second page note: (G) is the sensor

SWasher Level (G33) pin 1 goes to splice 269 located on the second page note: (G33) is the sensor

Brake Switch (F47) pin 4 goes to T10e/4 on second page
pin 2 goes to splice A155 on second page

Clutch Switch (sort of a two part thingy, F36) pin 2 goes to T10w/4 on second page
(F194) pin 4 goes to 6/85 Starter interlock relay on second page

Brake Fluid (F9) pin 2 goes to ground note: (F9) is the sensor

Coolant Level (G32) pin 1 goes to splice 269 on second pages note: (G32) is the sensor

That's it.

Note: There is nothing missing from the second sheet other than a not. It says; Note: The GP relay is built into the enigne wiring harness and not shown here.

Now, you can look at each item (sensors, cluster, Ignition, etc.) and find where the pins go to. The splices are very important and are the numbers with a hand drawn circle around them.

The fuse panels are "off the shelf" after market items..........photos of them are posted in the Thread. All circuits are labeled (numbered) the same as in the Bentley manual!

You cannot imagine how many hours of work I have in those two spreadsheets .........and, I have complete notes on each connector/sensor/switch, etc., to back it upon! Those, I will not post.........far too many pages!

Lastly, my intent is to use the ALH ignition as a second "key," thus a two key system. It will be located out of sight most likely. If you will notice there is an * (asteric) at D Ignition pin 50b. Look on the second page at my note at bottom of sheet!

Last edited: