VW Ramps Up Electric Cars

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Sure. But Toyota ended up selling the Rav4 EVs they produced - both times. Owners know this. Try getting out of warranty support for a 2012 Rav4 EV. Toyota and Tesla won't touch it! But the aftermarket is picking up and you can get 3rd party support. Heck there's even a company selling a retrofit DC fast charging interface!

I'm not saying it was an OPEC conspiracy, I'm saying it was short sighted on GM's part. Same with Honda and their Fit EV, lease only. Which are now all running out and the cars are going back to be crushed.

-J

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Seems there is another example of a bunch of good cars going to get crushed.... hmm... where did I hear that? ;)

Probably won't do anything helpful for the environment either.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
Sure. But Toyota ended up selling the Rav4 EVs they produced - both times. Owners know this. Try getting out of warranty support for a 2012 Rav4 EV. Toyota and Tesla won't touch it! But the aftermarket is picking up and you can get 3rd party support. Heck there's even a company selling a retrofit DC fast charging interface!

I'm not saying it was an OPEC conspiracy, I'm saying it was short sighted on GM's part. Same with Honda and their Fit EV, lease only. Which are now all running out and the cars are going back to be crushed.

-J
There was a gasser RAV4, so many of the safety parts were interchangeable. There was only one EV1, so the parts were exclusive to it.