Pierre's 2003 Golf TDI Build

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
were the ground control springs realy that much more stiffer than the Shine? I have shine, and I think they are fine, nothing too harsh. the GC must have been bone jarring!
The rears GC springs I had on are GC200.64.58 (8/2.5"/340 lbs)

I understand that the Shine VR6s are 250 lbs/" the front were stiffer but I cannot read the numbers on them and yest they were very stiff

I do not think the Shine are too harsh but stiffer than stock.. I can rally feel the difference with my Jetta which has the OEM

Last edited:

03Springer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL+ 2013 A3 TDI
Looks great! I have the Moog V6 springs on the front and GTI springs on the rear with Koni Reds on all four corners. I have about the same amount of gap between the fenders and tires and it sits level.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Looks great! I have the Moog V6 springs on the front and GTI springs on the rear with Koni Reds on all four corners. I have about the same amount of gap between the fenders and tires and it sits level.

Great! If you can pls post a photo of your stance along with a description of you set up on this thread I just started to give others a chance to compare... Cheers

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Bummer all things went wrong on that beautiful Golf. So, its a Daily driver now, But it is an Awesomely FUN daily Driver!!!

LOL.... That she is !!! :D

Once you get over all heartaches, wasted $, wasted time, and all the Fock ups ... she is a whole lot of fun.... All that shiate is finally behind me (for now) ..... and we just got the last of the issues fixed today... Matt had to change a power steering hose because the ALH one did not fit right into the ARL set up because of the different location of the power steering..

Now she is just humming along and such a pleasure to drive.. .she's still got a lot of gitty up in her when you press down on the go pedal... In fact I'm gonna take her for a drive right now ... just for fun :D

Time heals all wounds....

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
On my stock A4 setup, the upper wheel gap started grating on me. It just looked silly and became a thorn in my side. After dropping it however, the wisdom of having that much height started to sink in. Without getting into too much detail, it's too bad VW didn't engineer our A4's to have nice even wheel gap and ground clearance on stock suspension. I now notice many other makes that have much nicer stock aesthetics yet still maintain decent clearance, shock travel and dampening.

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
Bad news.... There is a small oil leak coming from the bell housing... That block girdle turned out to be a huge PITA.... Leaking under the block girdle? oil pan? rear main seal......I hope not...
Did you ever determine the root cause of this? I have the same leak with my girdle installed.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
At what point on the girdle is the leak coming from? Front edge? Back edge? Passenger side? Drivers side? Corners?

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
May or May not be related but I have tiny leak on the bell housing side, possibly from the girdle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sorry, I ended up with a crack in my block and pulled out and scrapped the freshly rebuilt engine... .the small oil leak was long forgotten and was the last thing on my mind at the time....

Just noticed this post now..... If you pull off the tranny or somehow can look inside, try to find out if its coming from this location of these two bolts... maybe put a little more weld material in there there... or a $hitload of pan sealant at these locations... maybe remove the bolts and pack the bolt holes full of sealant and put the two bolts back in ....... maybe my welder took off too much metal there to make room for the nuts ... They are so hard to make fit right these block girdles

Ask Matt Whitbread what he thinks the leak could .. .he made this girdle for me...

Last edited: