Injectors

Benne

TDI
Bora 2001 1.9tdi
Not sure how this works
But can anyone tell me if I have a 115bhp tdi engine can I use 130bhp injectors.

?

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Is it a VE engine? Do they look like overgrown spark plugs?
Probably just a difference in nozzles, should drop right in.

Tsasso

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI aka Miss Piggy, 281k and climbing - stock (for now) other than a Stage 2 clutch w/ single mass flywheel
Yes, 130bhp nozzles will be okay. Depending on what you're going for, it's recommended you get it tuned for those nozzles so it doesn't smoke as much and gets better fuel economy. A lot of people also recommend a vnt17 turbo upgrade, as they handle a lot more. So a tune for that as well. But again, it depends on what you're going for. If you just want to gain a little power and roll some coal, all while on a budget, drop em in and send it

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
a tune would be nice but i don't think that its really necessary. for the cost of the tune vs the used nozzles your swapping, i would just drop in the n130hp variants and drive on. not much of an upgrade in performance. i'm assuming your doing this to fix your injection system thats worn out? with low milage ones? just whatever you do, don't do the nozzle swap yourself. swap over the entire nozzle and injector. To do this properly you need to have them pop tested and you can't do that DIY.
as far as i know they should swap right over but i'm not very sure, just from what i have read around here. don't take my word for it on fitment but if they do fit physically then they will be fine.