2005 Passat GL TDI w/ 55k miles in NJ

bwanas

TDI
Passat
For Sale is my 2005 Passat GL TDI (Diesel) with less than 55,000 miles. Car is black with dark gray interior. I am selling the car since I have too many vehicles and its time to trim the fleet. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the car, nor has it ever been in any accidents. The paint is good with better than usual shine for a 4 year old dark car. It does have gravel nicks on the front fascia, thanks to highway use. It usually gets a couple of wax jobs per year to try to preserve it.

Interior is immaculate. I am the original; non-smoking owner and have been fanatical about vacuuming the rugs and cleaning overall. In fact, car has the standard mats, plus Weathertech rubber mats, then Lloyd carpet mats over them! The car also has sheepskin seat covers (hijacked from my Mercedes), and the seats below are perfect. Likewise, the trunk has a rubber mat as well. The car has a Monsoon stereo that is actually quite good. There are other usual accoutrements such as sunroof, single CD, fold down rear seat, heated mirrors, fog lamps, splash guards, etc.

I change the oil religiously every 3000 miles with Motul 505.01 and have all of my records. I do my own changes, so you’ll have to trust me on this one, but the stock of Motul oil and filters on the shelf should speak for itself. Obviously these maintenance items also come with the car. The only dealer repairs have been a replaced fuel pump and brake switch (on a recall). I have a new battery sitting on a trickle charger that also comes with the car. I know that the battery is not a stock item in most places and I didn’t want to get stuck this winter. Air filters and fuel filter have also been maintained as per usual.

The car also comes with 4 extra alloys and tires. I run Michelin Pilot PA2’s from Nov – Mar and Michelin Exaltos the rest of the year. Both sets of tires have more than 60% of thread remaining. The second set of rims (on the winter tires) are knockoffs, but look OEM…plus I don’t lose sleep over what road salt may be doing.

Frankly, I don’t want to sell the car, but it makes sense if you saw my driveway. I have pictures of the car on Photobucket.com at the following link:

http://photobucket.com/Passat_photos

If the link doesn’t work for some reason, I can also send pics per the email address below.

KBB and Edmunds show a trade-in value around $14,000. I think that’s a fair expectation as well, OBO. If it doesn’t sell here, I may go to Vehix or eBay later. I would hope that a TDI fan would become the next owner rather than an average eBay buyer not knowledgeable of TDI’s in general. The car actually has somewhat less than 55k miles today, but I am driving it daily and mileage will naturally increase with time. I am also reserving the right to sell the car locally / privately or not at all…as I said, I really don’t want to part with this great car.

I’m happy to answer any questions sent to wanasfamily@att.net or via this forum. You are also welcome to see the car if local and likely can drive it (with me). No tires kickers please. I have taken care of this car from day 1 and only want a serious buyer who will do the same. The VIN is also available upon request for research purposes.

Thanks
Bill