Can anyone identify this cut piece of engine harness?

e84

Veteran Member
TDI
blue 2002 ALH 5spd Jetta
And if it's replaceable... I can't seem to locate any connector for it.

Planning on dropping an engine in this pup.

edit: god damn just noticed another part is cut too... just above those two to the left of that large connector... smaller bundle.

Last edited:

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Those 2 circled look like non-stock wiring. I'd trace them to the other end to see what they connect to.

Alchemist

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 ALH Golf
Those bundles are for:

1 Fan Control Module

2 Fans

3 Thermo Switch in Radiator

It would be nice to replace the entire harness, but if you can get the missing portions from a junk yard splicing with double wall heat shrink that would work.

e84

Veteran Member
TDI
blue 2002 ALH 5spd Jetta
Those bundles are for:

1 Fan Control Module

2 Fans

3 Thermo Switch in Radiator

It would be nice to replace the entire harness, but if you can get the missing portions from a junk yard splicing with double wall heat shrink that would work.
I can get the missing portions from the donor car. So those I take it aren't bundles that can be removed/replaced without removing the entire harness so the options would be to a) replace entire harness or like you said b) splice in missing portions... I think I'm going to have to go with b in that case.

Thanks you're da man. ;)

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I have a wrecked '01 Jetta that looks very similar to yours without any wiring cut off. I'll be back home in a couple of days (another road trip in my ALH Vanagon). I can take a look to help determine which bundle goes to what component as Alchemist has stated! ........maybe take some pics!

Jesus Is Lord

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon 144,000 2003 Eurovan VR6 2007 Touareg V10 TDI 158,000
I wonder if the car was swapped to a manual and they cut the harness for the auto.