Coil Springs Struts and Shock replacement - good options

merk

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta sedan, 03 silver wagon
Having horrible squeaking and creaking on my wagon that has 1 yr old Blau parts shocks... didn't think to examine the shocks. Will have to explore that possibility... what a bummer....

merk

Veteran Member
TDI
sac what did you end up doing? Same issue with the rears, I called them and they said try the lithium grease, if that doesn't solve the problem they would send new ones...
At 120k miles 6 months ago I decided to replace my shocks and struts. Having good luck in the past with their timing kits, I decided to try their suspension kit. It's been 6 months and my car is back on in the air. The front strut mounts have compressed. It's not quite banging the sides yet. But I can stick my finger between the limit stops and perches (14mm gap). The front passenger side bellows are disintegrating. I bought new vw strut mounts for the front.
The rear is another problem. The rear suspension has squeaked like crazy. I sprayed everything with lithium grease with no help. I took the rear shocks off tonight. Was able to confirm them as my source of the squeaks. The drives side shock had completely failed, as it won't even extend on it's own. The passenger side squeaks to, and will barely extend with starts and stops on it's own. BlauParts is willing to honor their warranty but right now I am haveing serious concerns using their parts.

BEEnTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Golf
squeaking and creaking with Blauparts kit

sac what did you end up doing? Same issue with the rears, I called them and they said try the lithium grease, if that doesn't solve the problem they would send new ones...
Same thing here. I ended up going with the blauparts as you can see in the pictures, but i'm starting to regret it. I wouldn't recommend their suspension kits to anyone.

Bellow broken also - they sent new ones, but still ... having to completely redo the job on the front is a royal pain.

both bellows broken

same thing on the passenger side

Did either one of you get replacement kits (struts and shocks) from Blauparts?
I'm seriously considering calling them and asking them to send the good ones this time around.

The replacement bellows they sent - they said are better quality. Why didn't they include those in there from the beginning .. no idea.
Their warranty doesn't cover the labor at all ...

Shawnz

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS TDI, ex-O1M
No squeeks here yet, but it's only been on the car a week or so now. I'll let you know if mine start making noise.
-Shawn
FWIW, mine is a squeeker now. It isn't unbearable but it is annoying.

I plan to upgrade to the Bilstein HDs down the road. I'm living with it for now.

merk

Veteran Member
TDI
Well my squeak did not improve with lithium grease, oil did the trick on the rears, but the fronts still squeak badly... The car is now off to GA, so he will have to live the squeak, but calling blauparts today... you shouldn't have to oil your shocks.... I don't know if oil compromises the seal either...

BEEnTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Golf
Blauparts - lots of warranty replacements

Well my squeak did not improve with lithium grease, oil did the trick on the rears, but the fronts still squeak badly... The car is now off to GA, so he will have to live the squeak, but calling blauparts today... you shouldn't have to oil your shocks.... I don't know if oil compromises the seal either...
I don't get it - how could they continue to sell this low quality stuff if people keep complaining about them making noises. It seems the more i read about this, the more folks have the same popping/creaking noises and each one is trying what they think best.

Let me know what the Blauparts folks say and what they require from you to make your case and send you replacements. What's their response to the replacements - why would they not behave exactly the same thus invalidating this exercise and labor associated with it?