Where and which injectors to get

El Jimador

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon TDI
Hi all
I am planning some upgrades on my car. i want to upgrade the nozzles and get an ecu tune. Which injectors would be best for me? I may be also doing a turbo upgrade, so what would be the best turbo and injectors for that too? Also, i live in vancouver, are there any parts stores i can go to to buy nozzles so i don't have to wait like 3 months to get them online lol. Thanks!!!!!:):):):):):)

garciapiano

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDI (1Z)
Hi all
I am planning some upgrades on my car. i want to upgrade the nozzles and get an ecu tune. Which injectors would be best for me? I may be also doing a turbo upgrade, so what would be the best turbo and injectors for that too? Also, i live in vancouver, are there any parts stores i can go to to buy nozzles so i don't have to wait like 3 months to get them online lol. Thanks!!!!!:):):):):):)
I too am interested in this. I believe I will be purchasing the Bosio PP520s and ask for a Malone stage 1 or 1.5 tune once I get my EGR delete in order.

Lots of sites to get this from, but KermaTDI has a hot swap option where you pay your core fee up front, they send you injectors that are ready to install and you send them your old cores. Seems like a good deal.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
on an otherwise stock car and stock clutch, 520's are WAY to large, they can be used with a tune but your going to see HIGH egt's and a dead clutch.

I killed my clutch on 764's. try something smaller and a KO3hybrid turbo. Best bang for your buck is a mid tier nozzle and a tune with a drop in turbo but really only for lower EGT's Your going to need a clutch eventually. once you do, you can open op your options. Plenty of builds around here to get an idea of what you want to do. I ran 764's with no tune for 1 years strait at 20psi on a GT2052 before the clutch finally gave out.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I ran Bosio PP520's in my 1Z Passat for several years with a tune and stock turbo just fine. 520's are not too large.

The same setup would have more Ooomph in a Jetta due to the reduced weight.

I had the stock clutch in without issues, and replaced it with a LUK 17-050 when I had the transmission out. neither setup slipped.

If you plan on more power than that (larger turbo) then do your research on which clutch setups work without slipping.