2012 Sportwagen - Golf Wagon Canada

cansalt

TDI
Jetta TDI
I missed the boat on the 2011 wagon and now I'm forced to buy a 2012. The price has gone up $700 to $31,495 for the Highline. It is so frustrating that the price is higher even though the Canadian dollar is 1.05 to the US dollar. Yet in on the US VW website I can buy the same car for $4000 less. Plus I would not get the sunroof or the Nav unit, that i'm forced to buy in Canada if you want leather. Curse you VW!!!
If it where not for the TDI I would look elsewhere.

lou95gts

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Drive to Northtown VW in Buffalo and buy one there. No need to get one here. I haven't bought a car north of the border for my last 3 cars, although they were all used including my '10 TDI. If you want leather, buy a Katzkins leather kit just like the dealers do and get an upholstery guy to install.

cansalt

TDI
Jetta TDI
Lou thank you for the post! I'm going to try again to buy a sportwagen, but now the comfortline. I have an expensive trade in so the cross border option is not as good. This sportwagen will be for the wife. BTW my car is a Scion Xb from detroit. If I can get a good deal on the sportwagen then I'll do an aftermarket Radio/Nav and aftermarket leather.

lou95gts

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
The aftermarket Katzkin leather is real nice. A friend had it installed in a 2000 Accord when new. Sold it last year and still looked great.