Door alarm, brake alarm issues

cochrank

TDI
2002 Jetta
Group, I am having some weird electrical problems. I have a 2002 Jetta (320,000). It started off with the brake light randomly going on when driving down the road (beeping for a bit but continues to flash). I have checked the brake fluid and the emergency brake but both are fine. Doesn't happen all the time so I can't find a pattern. Now recently when driving down the road the door light/alarm will come on like a door is open. I have checked to make sure all the doors and trunk are closed. The weird thing is that the door light/alarm will be off and when I touch the brakes it will come on. Go off after I release the brakes. Sometimes it stays on (annoying beeping). Any help on where to start looking? I know it is running on it's last legs (body is starting to show its age) but I would like to get a few more miles out of it.

cochrank

TDI
2002 Jetta
I do not have LED lights. Code is an ABS sensor and the ABS light is on but the brake light is random when it comes on and off.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
When the brake light comes on you will have to scan for codes before shutting the car off.