PD Hiccup / Hesitation under light pedal

blis

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI Polo 2006 (2005 built)
Check out the last page of this rather lengthy thread. This guy has similar issues and finally solves it in the next to the last post.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=487065
Lengthy indeed, I'd rather it have been a simple fix though I think multiple issues were prevailing...

I would however check that there's no split in boost pipes then proceed to check all vac lines. I bought a mighty vac to check turbo and it's become a trusty part of my kit. Our Polo has the multi-port vacuum solenoid that controls EGR, Turbo, another goes to what looks like a vacuum reservoir and not sure if I missed any. The bleed valve had a blockage near the the air box (off to get an air filter ) we clearing it with compressed air... Over a year...dang!

If it helps, I was getting a horrible rattle as well if I gave it too much pedal.

golfere

Veteran Member
TDI
04 golf
Unplugging the EGR just disables it. The vehicle will run fine for most part with check engine light with EGR disabled. Even the MAF sensor can throw egr operation off if its worn as the airflow calculation is off. Blocked EGR cooler can also cause this.
I'd test the EGR by bringing engine up to full temp ,carefully remove the EGR (careful it will be hot) and run output test with egr plugged in and engine off. Observe the movement of of the valve, should move quickly and smoothly.if its twitchy or slow replace it.

Tested it and it works perfect! still checking what else it could be!