Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
It looks like VW is getting faster because I uploaded the documents on 10/20/16. Then in just 6 days I get the email today say they accept all documents. I'm only one registrant with a bank lien.
Lame. I submitted mine on 10/6 and they're still under review. I'm also a single registrant with a bank lien.

Perry01

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf DSG w/tech package
I uploaded my documents on 10/11. I'm a single owner and registrant with title in hand. It's been over two weeks so I'd think I would have gotten approval too. Oh well....

Last edited:

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Lame. I submitted mine on 10/6 and they're still under review. I'm also a single registrant with a bank lien.
Please refill your vallium prescription. Submitted mine on 17 Sep, still nothing. Single owner and if I needed a loan, I wouldn't have bought it. Strangely enough the documents for my other one, submitted on 27 Sep were accepted some time ago.

radereb

TDI
Jetta
Please refill your vallium prescription. Submitted mine on 17 Sep, still nothing. Single owner and if I needed a loan, I wouldn't have bought it. Strangely enough the documents for my other one, submitted on 27 Sep were accepted some time ago.
Congrats on not having to get a loan! Not everyone is fortunate enough to be swimming in money.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Congrats on not having to get a loan! Not everyone is fortunate enough to be swimming in money.
Not really. It's called saving, then buying. Rather than buying, then struggling. Not easy and totally un-American. But it is possible.

radereb

TDI
Jetta
Not really. It's called saving, then buying. Rather than buying, then struggling. Not easy and totally un-American. But it is possible.
I am aware of the concept of saving money. It is difficult for me to save money because of student loans. Not everyone is able to save and many were never taught how to save. Is that their fault?

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Meh. When you can get a new car loan for 0.9% (60 months)...I wouldn't knock on financing a vehicle. Unless you have an absolutely $h1tty rate of return for your investments...you're likely better off just leaving that money in your investment account(s). But I guess if you did that...you wouldn't be able to go on the internets and regale strangers with your tales of a new vehicle paid for in cash.

nutfinn

TDI
2012 Jetta
Submitted my docs, on 10-11, still under review.

1. title front
2. title back
3. registration.
4. ID

jimi179

TDI
1978 rabbit diesel, 2012 tdi golf buyback 12/29 done
called last week,they said they had gotten my fax,,now they claim my reference number was'nt on them...looks like they want them again...faxes won't finish,get disconnected.....

Fizzyone

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
I submitted my docs (drivers license and reg) on Oct 22. In review and I'm not counting on hearing anything any time soon.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Meh. When you can get a new car loan for 0.9% (60 months)...I wouldn't knock on financing a vehicle. Unless you have an absolutely $h1tty rate of return for your investments...you're likely better off just leaving that money in your investment account(s). But I guess if you did that...you wouldn't be able to go on the internets and regale strangers with your tales of a new vehicle paid for in cash.
Not regaling anyone. And probably could find better places for my money. Just that I learned from an early age that debt is a four letter word.

nutfinn

TDI
2012 Jetta
Yep, inflation running about 1.5% :D

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Not regaling anyone. And probably could find better places for my money. Just that I learned from an early age that debt is a four letter word.
Yup. Debt sucks. I have a small amount left on my student loans. I'm thinking that I'll knock off a chunk of that with a bit of my buyback equity.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Everything in moderation, My father was morbidly thrifty and hated debt. He regularly worked 60 hour weeks at tedious, stressful work to pay off a 30 year mortgage in under 10 years. Vacations were "frivolous expenditures". He wound up sacrificing his long term health and died at a relatively young age.

Paying cash for everything often means great sacrifice. Every situation should be evaluated on its own.

IZZY77

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Uploaded 10/6 accepted yesterday. Further reviewing Eligibility for payout. Let see how close the offer is to the estimate!

As an aside, my VW got me through the gas shortages of Sandy, the power train reliable, I'll miss her.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Also, I think people will start seeing approvals a lot more quickly now, regardless of the date submitted.

newbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW
Or better yet take advantage of the extremely low rates on car loans and invest that into the slightly higher rates on CD's.
I was borrowing at 1% and investing at 1.5%.

IZZY77

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
I keep thinking of that too!! No waiting in line for me.... I'll have to plan ahead better for the next big storm.
I filled up at a truck depot close to home, for a really good deal on diesel and more than 1 bewildered look as I pulled up next to big rigs.

Question: 10 business days until offer is made, so up to 14 days. Is the general concensus that the estimated refund will be pretty accurate?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I used to do that with the beetle. Sit in line with the big boys and get all kinds of strange looks. The cashier at some of the places was just as confused since most of their diesel pumps were set up for FuelMan charges

Last edited:

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Question: 10 business days until offer is made, so up to 14 days. Is the general concensus that the estimated refund will be pretty accurate?
Estimate should be very close. The only adjustment will be for mileage.

derekmw

TDI
2010 Audi A3 TDI Premium, 2015 Tesla Model S 70
I filled up at a truck depot close to home, for a really good deal on diesel and more than 1 bewildered look as I pulled up next to big rigs.
Again, it's not '10 days' until an offer is made. They seem to have purposefully worded it in a way that doesn't bound them to the 10 days until they 'DETERMINE' you are eligible. Then at that point, they have 10 days:

We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days.
So they can spend some time determining if you're eligible. Once they determine you are eligible, they will provide you with a final offer within ten business days.

Virgilstar

Veteran Member
TDI
jsw 11
Can we please have some clarity in defining the following terms, which are being thrown around willy-nilly in this thread...

Accepted -This means the documents you uploaded were checked out OK (no problems with resolution, bits being cut off by the scanner etc.) Usually, awareness of the acceptance is in the form of an email, worded as follows...
We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number xxxxxx. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program after the Settlement Program becomes effective.
This process (i.e. up to the point this email is issued) takes anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. In my case it was almost a month (upload 9-19, accept 10-17) but others have reported shorter (upload 10-6, accept 10-25).

The email is coincident with the claims website presenting a page with the documents listed with green check-marks next to them.

Eligibility - Being eligible, would imply that you've received an email in addtion to the one quoted above, stating that eligibility has been determined. As far as I know, nobody on this board (as of today, 10-27) has been informed that they are eligible.

Approve - To me, this would imply that eligibility has been approved, and the claimant is good to go ahead and set up an appointment with the dealer for turn-in. As fas as I know, nobody on this board (as of today, 10-27) is officially approved to do so.

PLEASE STOP SAYING "APPROVED", when what you're actually referring to is the document upload being accepted, and eligibility still being determined.

Tfuce

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI
Uploaded requested documents on 10/12. Lease. Nothing yet. From comments on here I assume I will have a problem because my registration has only my middle initial, my license has my full middle name. :rolleyes:

scottb8888

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
I called today and talked to Kelvin. I submitted my docs on 9/16 (VW Lease). Still shows reviewing. Kelvin said he shows them accepted on 10/5 and they were in the auditor's hands. 10 Days I should hear something.

Wierd??

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
I called today and talked to Kelvin. I submitted my docs on 9/16 (VW Lease). Still shows reviewing. Kelvin said he shows them accepted on 10/5 and they were in the auditor's hands. 10 Days I should hear something.
Wierd??
Wierd maybe. Weird certainly.

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
There is a lot of "10 business days" for ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER

I submitted all of my docs 9/17.
On 10/11, one of my docs got rejected. I resubmitted the same day. Still waiting for ONE document to be approved.

I just want my "10 business days" notification for the offer

Then we have "10 business days" for the to get $1.5B into the Settlement Program Escrow Account (From the day the Judge finalized the settlement in order to dish out the money)

Most likely I won't be one of the lucky 1st wave of buyback appointments in middle of November.

I want to at lease get everything locked in to get the TDI turned in by December, then 3 days to receive the buy back money and buy a NEW Car finally!

Last edited:

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Most likely I won't be one of the lucky 1st wave of buyback appointments in middle of November.
It would greatly benefit everyone waiting for the buyback if this dude was handled first. His complaints are tiring, and he is dominating the time of the support team with incessant calls. Can we start a petition?