BMN turbo feed banjo part #?

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
i messed up and broke the feed line banjo bolt (it was left hand thread :/ )... need part number for the banjo bolt. turbo # 03g253019n .... thanks!
When my mechanic swapped my OEM BRM turbo for a PD140 he did the same thing. He said it wouldn't budge, I said did you try turning it the other way....it came right out but it was all mucked up at that point...LOL.

I tried to source one locally and via internet...no luck. I had on hand extra banjo bolts from my truck projects (Rhand of course) and they were 7/16-20 IIRC. I took that to a local machine shop and in a very short time (I waited for it) he turned it down to what was needed and put a Lhand thread to it....IIRC it was M10 1.0 or 1.25 pitch in my case. Since the body was larger he was able to remove material, rethread it to the proper Lhand thread and pitch. He even massaged the oil feed opening a bit as well. It worked like a charm.
As I said I searched high and low, checked w/Kerma, and local shops that do a lot of turbo gas/diesel work. I even checked with a US Garrett distributor to no avail. In the end, a spare banjo bolt I had laying around worked out great!!

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
They do not show banjo bolts for either end of the oil feed pipe in ETKA for that engine/turbo. Just a double-ended "fitting".

shanky887614

TDI
vw caddy arl
its most likely an m10x1mm left hand thread vw dont sell the part so its not the easiest to find info on these

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
having a custom lht banjo bolt machined is NOT an easy solution, at least by most people's standards. Buying a bolt from the dealer would be classified as "easy".

LOL, I wouldn't call it custom....:D Grab any existing 7/16 banjo bolt (the one I used was for mid 80's GM 1 ton caliper (AKA: Dana 60 in my case), bring to machine shop (doesn't have to be fancy, mine was a machinist working out of his garage), an Ta'Da in 20min or less had a left hand banjo.

That, compared to how much I spent time on phone calls for something I determined I wasn't going to find in the states easily. Even calling Garrett dealers was a no go...…

PS: Let me add. I had already exhausted my time on phone calls, driving around to specialty foreign car repair shops, and searching the internet (McMaster-Carr) and others....hours!!…. compared to 20min in a garage with a machinist. Your call.

Last edited:

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
LOL, I wouldn't call it custom....:D Grab any existing 7/16 banjo bolt (the one I used was for mid 80's GM 1 ton caliper (AKA: Dana 60 in my case), bring to machine shop (doesn't have to be fancy, mine was a machinist working out of his garage), an Ta'Da in 20min or less had a left hand banjo.

That, compared to how much I spent time on phone calls for something I determined I wasn't going to find in the states easily. Even calling Garrett dealers was a no go...…

PS: Let me add. I had already exhausted my time on phone calls, driving around to specialty foreign car repair shops, and searching the internet (McMaster-Carr) and others....hours!!…. compared to 20min in a garage with a machinist. Your call.
very true... i do have a good friend who is runs a machine shop. Just hate to hit him with every little task...if i could just find an m10x1 lht bolt i'd make my own banjo :)