2015 tdi tuning/exhaust

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf TDI SE manual
Hey guys back when I got my car in November. I signed up to receive notifications from Malone on when their 2015 tune would be available. Yesterday I got the email that they are testing the tune on 2015 models now and more info will come out in 1-2 weeks. So to make the most of the tune I plan on getting a full exhaust system. Can you guys let me know who makes good exhaust systems for decent prices. Should a private shop be considered?
Thanks for any input.

DerekG

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 4dr Golf TDI 6-speed manual
Rawtek....not sure if they have stuff for 2015 yet though.

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Yea but they are like over 1000$ is that normal for just some metal piping?:confused:

DerekG

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 4dr Golf TDI 6-speed manual
I guess I should clarify. If you plan on deleting the DPF/cats + Tune then an exhaust would be an effective modification. If you plan on leaving the car stock (keeping dpf, egr, both cats) and just getting a tune then an exhaust will do nothing for you, sound or power wise....just pretty exhaust tips in which case I would just take it to a muffler shop and have them weld on some nice stainless tips.

The cost is due to the fact that there are very few companies that manufacture a downpipe for the CR TDI ( I can think of 3?) and the downpipe is pretty intricate and hand welded, but that will only apply to you if you are deleting the DPF. I agree though, it's very pricey...but there aren't many options at the moment. I will say this though....after you drive the car post-tune and/or delete you'll forget about the $$ metal piping. :)

Last edited:

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Exhaust will be available when the delete tuning is available. Performance only tuning will be coming first, deletes need much more extensive testing and development.

steve1479

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
Rawtek doesn't have a donor car yet to fab up an exhaust and they won't begin fab until the tune is out to baseline.

I'm waiting on that tune too, don't worry

2nsane

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL *traded in for 2015 TDI SEL
I got the same email, and it also stated that tuning will be via OBDII port. no more removing ECU!!!!!!!!:eek:

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
does anyone know if any exhaust companies have stuff for 2015 models? All I see is 2014

2nsane

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL *traded in for 2015 TDI SEL
Andrew, hows the tuning coming along?

is this new EA288 150 looking to be a stout platform? better than the 140?

hows the reliability of this new critter looking under increased pressures?

excited to see the outcome!!:D

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
2015 with a tune moves along very nicely. Widens up that horribly narrow powerband. Numbers later this week.:cool: