Vacuum hose diagram

trdillon1

TDI
jetta
Can someone maybe take a picure of their jetta engine and point out the vacuum hoses that would cause stiff brakes?

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
Cracked booster hose. It connects the brake booster to the vacuum pump, each of which are very easy to find. The part # is 1J0612041G (1999-2003 w/ ALH).

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
300 bux is outrageous!! The part, from the stealer, is around $43. It is a hard black pipe with a check valve and a short, rubber hose section. Coming from the check valve is the main vacuum feedline for all of your other vacuum accessories.
While you have it apart, you probably also want to clean the nipple on the vacuum pump where it wobbles and seal it up around the edge real good as vacuum leaks tend to develop there. Make sure that whatever you use to seal it up with, be it silicone or JB Weld, is COMPLETELY cured before starting the engine! If it's not, the vacuum pump will suck it in and you will have a whole heap of new problems.

DaveLinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI

It's the hose between 11 and 8. It's pretty visible from above with the engine cover removed. It's thicker than it looks in the diagram.

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
Depending on where this part broke, you may be able to just get a piece of heater hose and repair your existing one. Mine broke here:

Somebody here is bound to jump in and say that vaccum hose is structurally different than heater hose and it won't hold up. I repaired mine w/ a segment of heater hose 20k miles ago and it's still working fine. I did this on the good advice from either one of the gurus or really active veteran members here on the board. Heater hose is about a $1/ft vs. a much more expensive part

If it broke elsewhere, then you'll have to buy the part.
It's cheaper @ 1stvwparts:
https://www.1stvwparts.com/catalogs.html

this part is located on the middle left side of the engine bay towards the back.

Last edited: