'06 Jetta TDI in Oregon for sale/parts

Tystevens

TDI
'06 Jetta
Hello all,

I am helping my mother with her TDI. It is an '06 Jetta TDI w/ approx. 230,000 miles. All lifters, valves, and camshaft need to be replaced and the head machined due to some broken off valve parts. Apparently the cam is worn through, and the shop is indicating a complete head is the way to go. Rather than invest money into this car, I think she is going to get something newer (another TDI in all likelihood!). Here is what I know about the car:

new tires
EGR cooler replaced within the last couple of weeks
timing belt and other items done at approx. 200k miles
rest of car is in clean/reasonable shape for 230k miles.

I have no idea if this is a car anyone would be interested in, but it could be a mechanic's special or something. I'm thinking $2000 would be a fair deal to someone mechanically inclined. Let me know if you have any interest and we can talk. The car is currently located in SW Oregon, but I may be coming out next weekend to help her car shop, and could put it on a trailer and bring to the PDX area if there were any interest.

Tystevens

TDI
'06 Jetta
Hyde, thanks for your response. I could probably bring the car back to Utah with me, but that is still a long ways from Michigan.

Tystevens

TDI
'06 Jetta
Thanks for the responses all. A dealership in So. Oregon decided to give her some money on it as a trade in, so she went ahead and took that route. Sorry!

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Ty, Could you please forward the dealership name so that someone here that might be interested could contact the dealer? Perhaps, then a member could acquire instead of a wholesaler or curbstoner.