97 A3 Jetta FS

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
97 Jetta TDI ,This is my brothers car! starting to rust has a little over 200000 miles still gets over 50 MPG developed a bad oil leak not sure what it is, has a broken off glow plug and very hard starting in winter, great project car or conversion car
been a great car!! it was purchased from a Club Member in MD, He is looking for 1500.00/offer PM Me for Contact info car is Located in Mount Airy MD

Last edited:

bturpin

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta mk3 TDI AHU
Weird, I thought all a3's have the AHU. Pretty sure thats a 1z based off of the smooth cased pump. I could be wrong though

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Weird, I thought all a3's have the AHU. Pretty sure thats a 1z based off of the smooth cased pump. I could be wrong though
There's a thread out there talks about the smooth cased pumps on 1Z / AHU, I don't think the smooth cased pump is exclusive to 1Z but I haven't read the thread in a while.

On these A3 cars the trunk build decal cannot be trusted, I know of one 98 TDI where the decal said it was 1Z and had the AMC trans but the timing cover said AHU. Also the AMC trans is an 020 not an 02A and this car had the 02A CTN trans.

On my own 97 Mk3 TDI the timing cover says AHU on it. There is no build decal in the back anymore.

Car seems very reasonably priced...

Last edited: