Q7 3.0 TDI 8 speed automatic with strange noise and a vibration.....

wobblybox

TDI
Q7 3.0 TDI 8 speed
Hello all, I am really struggling to find the source of a vibration in a 2010 Audi Q7 with 57k, it has the 8 speed automatic gearbox. I only have the car 6 weeks and it's been away for 2 of them trying to diagnose a vibration/resonance sensation that's only really happening under load in 6th, 7th and 8th @ 2000 rpm

If going up a hill in 7th gear at 65 mph and I accelerate hard enough to stay in 7th and not kick down, I get a strong vibration/sensation through the pedals, floor and body of the car, it is a high speed vibration like a hammer drill, the sensation increases when it changes to 8th and increases again when load is applied. As soon as I throttle off the vibration disappears. In the passenger side I can't feel it when someone else is driving.

It has been checked for the propshaft bearing among other things and a recent diagnosis pointed towards the gearbox, as far as I can make out the 8 speed automatic gearbox is bombproof, I have no other gearbox issues other than a slight ghost like 'wooooooo' noise when it goes from 1st to 2nd, the noise happens everytime.

The vibration is very annoying and it's going back again to the dealer. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this in a quattro and found the problem?

I am of the understanding that the propshaft bearing is going to be replaced as a box tick, the cayenne/touareg have the same platform and suffer this issue but at lower speed and it's more violent.

Other than the issues described I love the car, I'd hate to have to return it :(

Any help is greatly appreciated, if you need any clarification please ask.

SainTSa

TDI
A8 3.0TDI CDT
Wobblybox ever find the issue? Having the same exact issue with my A8 3.0Tdi 8sp, extremely irritating :/ (I know this post is old)