3.0 V6 Tdi bw s300v ??

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
And b8 is also the only one with a proper gearbox for these. The next decent VAG is BiTDI 4g. Others are just ruined with poor gearboxes. Automatic boxes. Manuals can hold but the usability with a Tilton 3disc clutch would suck big time.

The gearbox dilemma is the main reason I switched to BMW. And the fact that sgraight six dont need no freaking balance shafts and four chains with ten tensioners/guide rails.

Lähetetty minun PLK-L01 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
actually these bmw's (espcially 4 pot) fail chains more often than vag v6 I have the feeling

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
The N47 is crappy engine. But who would even consider a 4cyl version when there are better options available ?

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 RS4 Titanium 3.0TDI & 2013 Touareg TDI & B6 S4 BHW Swap Biturbo
Im running a single disc full face drag clutch in my b5 passat with a 02x tranny i can sqack all 4 tires on bare pavement

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
Dont the b7 and b8 use the same 0a3 manual tranny ??
Im a manual guy never owned a automatic they all let you down at some point .

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
Actually no i forget the b8s have the new style trannys i doubt there any stronger than a 0a3

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
The b7 manual is very strong. I don't think it will cause you any troubles

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
I think that single disc is good for roughly 800nm but after that a multidisc clutch would be the way to go. Life expectancy of those race clutches seems to be rather short tough...

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I think that single disc is good for roughly 800nm but after that a multidisc clutch would be the way to go. Life expectancy of those race clutches seems to be rather short tough...
Put enough lining on a multi disc clutch for good wear life and the mass of the discs gets unreasonable pretty quickly. Heavy discs means slow shifting, unless you go with one of those dog-engagement gearsets.

Machineman, you're a machinist type, click on the twin disc thread in my sig.

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
Thanks, I also will use An4 but with a 6mm id ptfe braided hose and not a 4.8mm. Same as it was used originally.
How is your project going? Turbo already on?
I will start mine next week...my turbo is refurbished and balanced ready to go.

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
Turbo is not on yet but i set the engine in the car yesterday and there is more than enough room :) almost like audi designed them for future upgrades im working on billet intake manifolds currently and im still waiting on my oil pans from poland

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
How is your project doing? I am doing my s360v... started today morning... I will not do compound anymore because lack of space and I would have to move and modify too many things.
I cant find anywhere somebody else using the s300v range on 3.0 diesel engines.. I would like to know if it lags too much and or if it is good for daily driving.
Thanks.

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
Any News? I am curious about your install. Mine will be finished next week.
I really want to know who it spools and boost.
Thanks.

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
i havent had much i dont think i will have it running this season the car is goin in storage till next year

Jbirschner

TDI
330d e90
I will have to use your words... DS is the new D.. heheh..
Well on D car is lazy specially it change gears quickly..
DS it is a monster...incredible power band..you can see my youtube channel video.. my tuner was impressed..I am running 2.3bars..gauge goes crazy from 0.3 to allway 2.3 2.4bar in a sec...car is super fast..torque is incredible.. gb is holding so far but I have a 6hp28 waiting to be fitted :)
Smoke is low..I dont like smoke but I can leave with smoke amout..inly when I push hard I see smoke but not a black cloud.
Egt I dont know..I can only see max 299c from Testo...I need to find a way of log egt properly..but it is running lower than my previous setup for sure...
I got pic of engine bay but not easy to upload it here..

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
That looks awesome.
I finished fitting my s360v into my 330d.. power is so amazing..for sure 400hp+ now.. check my 100-200km/h video https://youtu.be/JnNIo9Oa2k8
I am still perfecting the system..so I will have dyno tomorrow then I will start thinking about what else to upgrade to get more power.
Good luck with ur project.
Jackson

Thanks that car of yours looks very fast my car is not done yet turbos just mounted