CR Big Turbo Kit? Tuning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
I am wanting to know if anyone has come up with big Turbo kits for the new CR engines and custom tuning for them. I am most likely purchasing a 2009 CR as my daily driver and would love to dump a few dollars on a big Turbo kit and tune for it...

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I believe that Mark Malone has been playing with this. There are bigger turbos available and the European larger injectors are available (for a high price). I do not know how far he has gotten with this idea, but it would be worth an email to him. You can PM him here or contact him through his website at malonetuning.com.

Just a tune (without any hardware changes) can also wake up your car considerably. Malone and several other tuners (Revo, RocketChip, Neuspeed, Unitronic, etc.) have tunes available for your engine.

Have Fun!

Don

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow really, its funny and all but I'm being serious I want to build a big Turbo CR and just wanted to know if there was something already out there available cause when i used the search function I found all PD and VE motor builds as the results...

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
TurboJohan (Van Vaught Tunning) has a manifold for GTB2260V on CR. I think RyanP is working on one as well. Both Johan and Malone have pushed the tunes, but I think Johan has managed to get more HP than Malone for some reason. And forgive me if I am wrong because I do think Malone is a really good tunner.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll just say this...because the car had its hpfp replaced its been sitting at there lot with alot interest tell someone reads the car FAX...hpfp worded on car FAX sounds horrific... haha so the last price I talked them down to was 14.7k on a 2009 CR 6spd w/43k miles

eddie_1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 TDI tuned to 170HP, A6 Wagon 2008 TDI 2.7L tuned to 340HP
The 170HP Passat wagons here on the Autobahn are pretty gutless i.e tune alone is probably not that much fun. The passats are too heavy probably similar to the state side new jetta sportwagons. By the way the turbo wont give you additional power, you need the bigger injectors - additional fueling.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
so i picked up the 2009 CR140.... now time for mods.. haha

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm waiting for performance diesel to tell me when he will have big turbo kit available for me...I'm going big since noone on this side of the pond will

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
U stated it may be port tunable does this mean I could purchase a flasher from y'all to make the tune work for my car

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I'm waiting for performance diesel to tell me when he will have big turbo kit available for me...I'm going big since noone on this side of the pond will
There's just no one that talks as much as you do that will. So yes you're the first.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Just keep me posted brother...I guess my next project is finding larger injectors...

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Just keep me posted brother...I guess my next project is finding larger injectors...
good luck with that one. don't think anyone makes larger yet but who knows maybe Firad has something in the works?

headwork might be a good idea too. i hear those heads aren't the greatest

has anyone done headwork on these? cam/porting/valves?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
... don't think anyone makes larger yet but who knows
VW makes bigger injectors, they are in the 170 hp European version of our engines. The problem with these injectors is the cost. I don't remember the exact number I heard but it's something like $1,000 each (plus or minus about $200). After you've decided to shell out $4,000+ for injectors, you have to source them and ship them from Europe. This makes for a very expensive upgrade. It's a question of "bang for the buck", how much money are you willing to spend?

Have Fun!

Don

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
VW makes bigger injectors, they are in the 170 hp European version of our engines.
true but i heard those aren't direct bolt-in for CR 140

and are those really that much larger flow to justify price?

prob. better to just get existing nozzles extrude or EDM honed

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
good luck with that one. don't think anyone makes larger yet but who knows maybe Firad has something in the works?
headwork might be a good idea too. i hear those heads aren't the greatest
has anyone done headwork on these? cam/porting/valves?
Matt is working on porting, valve seats and valves for mine right now. CR cam is available after my testing.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Like Don said, how much bang for the buck.
The injectors are over $1000 each, plus depending on what CR 170hp motor you get them from they might or might not work on our heads. The turbo is a bit bigger and talking to some people sounds like it might or might not work on our cars also.
The exhaust manifold gasket for the 170eu motor is same for the 140usa motor but layout could be different on the physical parts.

TDISyncro, its good to see some one is trying stuff out for the CR motor and doing things "big". IDK how i have not seen your thread before, but pretty cool stuff if you ask me.
Hopfully with your info and Kyles turbo builds, there will be some serious gains in the future for our cars.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Can someone confirm this I was told by a forum member that the toureg common rail injectors are a huge upgrade for our cars. Was told they are able to fuel up to around 300hp easily on our 4 cylinder engines...

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
I may also not even go with Malone...I am still debating this after talking with someone about tuning a few days ago on there opinions and such and was recommended someone different who I have already pm'd

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
That depends on which CR170 you are talking about ;)

I also have a head sitting here waiting for reworking.. I just can't keep up with everything as Matt knows how it is ;).

I will post more info up on the turbo kits once I get things sorted out. I hate posting early on stuff until I get some of the major details sorted out. One of which is how everything connects up.

As far as fueling, the CR170 nozzles will work, and I have a few sitting here waiting for me to get the test engine ready for them including edmed oems. I just need air first. We are going to see what stock ones really do and then move up. Its hopefully turning out to be a busy summer.

what are you doing for HPP? That will be one of the barriers you will hit I think.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Well took the car in after seeing soot under the turbo after inspecting it all. and found that the exhuast gasket was blown. Vw replaced the gasket free under warranty and installed injectors line recall... The car feels much more powerful then before and soooo much more quieter...so intial tune is next step...

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Is there any device available for email tunes yet?
Not yet. It is theoretically possible for a 2009 TDI, but as of now nobody makes a simple flasher that will work. It might never be produced because it would only work on 2009s. 2010+ TDIs require that the ECU be removed and flashed through a diagnostic port on the circuit board. You are going to have to find a dealer to do a tune.

Have Fun!

Don

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Any updates on the turbo kit brother.... Also anyone know if the bkd kit would work as he has yet to reply to my pm. Also is there any clutch upgrades like the vr6/g60 setup for the 6 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.