2010 6R Polo TDI

Super T

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
With the recent anouncement of the Polo being released in North America I'm very excited and very much in love with the car. Yours is sweet. They look good in white. I want to buy one, drop in on some nice coil overs and some 16" dished rims to give it a mean stance.

What size is the fuel tank? And is that really a 5000 rpm redline??

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Looks great. Luv the dash display...looks 1st class.

Enjoy, and welcome aboard, Krip!

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 5spd 1.9l TDI Beetle, 2011 TDI JSW, 2dr TDI 5spd Golf
Classy car, I love the white led look on black for the gauges. Looks like my dad's 10' JSW. I hope they actually do bring the car to the US.

BigMig

TDI
9n3 Polo 1.9 sportline PD130 (96kw)
wow i realy love the new interior very nice you agent. Are you on the local forum?

T_D_I_POWER

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 VW PASSAT GLS TDI '06 Audi A4 q Avant 6-Spd Sport Pkg
kripstoe said:
Welcome to the club. Very nice car. I wish we get it here in NA.

Pic.1.
Distance travelled in 1/2 tank of fuel - 505.4 km ~ 4.45 l/100km ~ 52.86 mpg (US)

Pic. 2.
Distance travelled in 1 tank of fuel - 1020 km ~ 4.41 l/100km ~ 53.34 mpg (US)

With that kind of mpg who needs a Prius/Insight.

Btw does the 6R mean? 6-spd? it doesn't look like it has 6-spd.

The other two cars are Golf City and the previous gen. Polo?

Last edited:

Bayou_Flyer

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 4Door 6M
I like the updated Polo even more than the last! I reallly like that single-DIN radio with storage pocket underneath, too. Maybe it's just the pics, but the 6R appears to have about the same amount of room as my Golf IV.

Wouldn't mind having a Polo TDI myself, but I know VW is unwilling to undercut US Golf sales. There are two pics of you driving 100kmh and showing 4 and 4.1 L/100km; isn't that around 58 mpg? Who needs a Prius is right, though my ALH gets simliar numbers according the SGII. I agree it would be popular on this side of the pond, more so as fuel prices go up, but it would definitely cut into Golf territory..

Maybe VW could only sell it in diesel form on an "order-only" basis...I think I'd wait a few months for the build process! :)

Last edited:

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
Kripstoe, do you have the 1.2 TSI (petrol) 105ps in South Africa?

The reason I ask is I'm quite interested in the 1.6 TDI, but they only have the 90ps version over here, and I think the reason they've done this as it would make the 1.2 TSI redundant. Annoyingly, the Seat Ibiza has the 105ps 1.6 TDI engine...

If I replace my (remaped) 9n 1.4 TDI, I'd want something at least as powerful. Shame no one's manged to remap the 1.6 TDI yet.

Ash :)

kripstoe

TDI
6R Polo TDI

The reason I ask is I'm quite interested in the 1.6 TDI, but they only have the 90ps version over here, and I think the reason they've done this as it would make the 1.2 TSI redundant. Annoyingly, the Seat Ibiza has the 105ps 1.6 TDI engine...

If I replace my (remaped) 9n 1.4 TDI, I'd want something at least as powerful. Shame no one's manged to remap the 1.6 TDI yet.

No, we don't get the 1.2 TSI here, but we do have the 1.2 TDI BlueMotion. The Seat Ibiza, Polo and Audi A1 all use the same 1.6 TDI engine.

JaivH

TDI
2010 A3 TDI Premium
Picture 13 is awesome!! That is a great angle and really well photographed.

Well Done

Very nice vehicle!

tytek

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI 6M
Interestingly elongated (or tall) gears shift lever... looks very unnatural, although I am sure that it is quite ergonomically correct.

Nice pictures and a sweet car - too small for my needs, but I think that there is a place in the US market for a Polo. Especially if it looks this good.

How much was your 1.6TDI in SA? What other cars did you consider? How much more is the Audi A1?

kripstoe

TDI
6R Polo TDI
Interestingly elongated (or tall) gears shift lever... looks very unnatural, although I am sure that it is quite ergonomically correct.

Nice pictures and a sweet car - too small for my needs, but I think that there is a place in the US market for a Polo. Especially if it looks this good.

How much was your 1.6TDI in SA? What other cars did you consider? How much more is the Audi A1?
Well, the Audi A1 was only released now a year after the Polo, and it's quite a bit more expensive.

I traded in my previous 1.9TDI for the 1.6TDI. Wanted to stay with a VAG TDI.

Ross74H

TDI
1997 Audi A3 110 Sport

In answer to the first q, I had a 1.2TSI 105 Fabia - went like stink over 3K, very gutless below. Fabia only had 5 gears, 5th went from 30mph to well over Skoda`s supposed "top speed"

And as for remapping the 1.6 TDI, if memory serves, yes they have. AFAIK, the 105 version is available in the Polo (it is in the Fabia and the Ibiza)

Wish we got the 9N or 6R saloons over here like they do in SA, they look really nice. Always like small saloons!

Last edited: