www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old December 11th, 2018, 19:31   #31
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawg89 View Post
That is true, what are your thoughts on parts availability for these cars? I worry a little about the low VIO. What I don't want to have to do is have a voided warranty and have to buy parts from the dealer lol, that just adds insult to injury. I am a Bosch WD and in Bosch Advantage they show the injectors and HPFP but both are out of stock. What do you think about components like the DPF, HP fuel lines, etc? I don't specialize in diesel or euro so I am sure you have much better connections that I do in that aspect.
We're not worried in the least about parts availability in the aftermarket moving forward. There are lots and lots of these cars and engines in use worldwide, and we've been sourcing many products not distributed in the US direct from Europe for several years. I don't see any reason to become dependent on dealers for anything other than body and trim pieces, and not even some of those.

If you're a Bosch WD then you know their supply chain is broken. Has been for some time. Don't look to Bosch as representative of parts availability. If everyone was like them we'd all be walking. (Rant over).
Old December 11th, 2018, 19:38   #32
kdawg89
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 06 Jetta

Hahaha tell me about, you can find me crying over my empty shelves where the LB7 injectors go.

Sold:06 Jetta, Darkside GTB1749V turbo, stage 4 malone tuning, 3 bar map, EGR delete, ASV deleted, buzzken catless downpipe, IDParts billet cam
kdawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 18:49   #33
kdawg89
Veteran Member

Well unfortunately I already have to put my warranty status to the test! My DEF injector line is leaking. I think they messed it up a couple days ago when they did phase 2 because it has only leaked a little bit.

Sold:06 Jetta, Darkside GTB1749V turbo, stage 4 malone tuning, 3 bar map, EGR delete, ASV deleted, buzzken catless downpipe, IDParts billet cam
Old December 15th, 2018, 08:44   #34
johnnloki
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 04 Golf TDI
Fuel Economy: 1100 km tanks, generally

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawg89 View Post
Well unfortunately I already have to put my warranty status to the test! My DEF injector line is leaking. I think they messed it up a couple days ago when they did phase 2 because it has only leaked a little bit.

That should be covered, I think. Problems arise when turbos go, engine or drivetrain components fail.

If your radio goes on the fritz, VWOA will not argue that the tune did that.

johnnloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2018, 08:46   #35
kdawg89
Veteran Member

Yeah, that is what I am thinking as well. If they deny this because of the tune then I can pretty much assume that they are going to likely deny anything on this car.

Old Today, 12:07   #36
740GLE
Veteran Member

time for a delete and a malone tune!
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:58   #37
kdawg89
Veteran Member

Unfortunately we have diesel emissions where I live. If it comes down to it I will just have to register it to my grand parents house or something without diesel emissions and take it all off!

Old Today, 13:52   #38
kdawg89
Veteran Member

My dealer said that when it was there last week for phase 2 it had a leak and the tech replaced the seal in the line and what was still there was residual from the previous repair. I am not convinced, but they claim it isn't leaking anymore. But at the same time it was only a little bit and it didn't seem to be increasing in "snowball" size. I guess I will just keep an eye on it.

They didn't mention the tune at all.